+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What's your exercise routine?

I am determined to create a weekly execexise routine that I can stick to and was wondering what other parents do. I have completed one round of BBG with results, but am struggling to fit everything in with three kids and a hectic work schedule. So what do you do each week, and what time of the day do you fit it in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default What's your exercise routine?

I used to go every morning on the days that I didn't work plus Saturdays but now the kids are getting older and doing more activities I find it really hard.

I walk my dog 5 x week at 8:30pm with a friend. It's 5km. I try and do a few little exercises in our home office where we have some equipment but it's not consistent and it is annoying to set up the equipment and put it away so I just organised a personal trainer for myself who comes to my house twice a week at 6am. At the moment with my walking and everything else it is the only way I can fit it in. I've done 3 sessions so far.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi jarylee. I dont fit your situation. I have no children at home, and i can please myself when i attend a gym. I have made a commitment to myself that i will go to my gym every day, every morning before work. I think, if you can find any regular time that will allow for some exercise, even if it is 30 minutes, make the commitment, to that time. If you sit around and just think you will exercise when the time is free, it will never happen. One other suggestion, is for you to do your housework, or whatever walking, or moving about, that you do in your normal day, do everything quicker. If you take 10 minutes to hang the washing, try to do it in 5mins. Often, just simple changes to your routine can make a difference. marie.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Google or look up on Insta "Body Boss". I think from memory you can buy the book of exercises for $75 and it only takes about 30 mins (including warm up time) - there are no ongoing costs. I do it whenever I get a spare 30 mins, so either first thing in the morning, when DS2 is napping or at 7pm at night when they are in bed. I try and do it 3x a week, then on the weekend I'll go for a 30 min run once or maybe twice (if I can be bothered) while hubby can look after the kids. 30 mins is very manageable to me, especially because I can do it at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My routine is getting up early, 6am-6.15am and doing the treadmill for 20min.
    Less carbs, no junk, no sugar except natural in fruit etc. No deep fried stuff. Etc. That's my daily routine. However, I've been naughty the past couple weeks and had junk and by body has gained the extra weight, but I'll lose it. I've lost 30kg losing 2kg should be easy.

And I move around the house a lot and fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I walk the dog lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a shift worker so mine differs. I can get up as early as 4.30am, or exercise at 8pm depending on what shift I'm on. I do something most days. Eg This last week involved...three 6am-7am gym sessions (high intensity interval training and cross training), I have completed a 13.5km run, a 7.5km, and a 5km steep hill run/fast walk. Tomorrow I will get up and do some upper body, and Sat I have an aquatic spin class. I've walked the dog every night except for one as well.
    I've been exercising for a really long time. It's not really something I skip very often. When I schedule in work/kids activities/family time etc, exercise also gets scheduled in...every week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently started F45 and am really enjoying it. With work and having a baby (and partner who is overseas most of the time) it's hard to fit in but I can get 3-4 classes in per week and try so very hard to avoid missing one. I hadn't done much since getting pregnant and before that I was into crossfit. Just can't do it anymore as the one near me doesn't have a crèche and the class times clash with other commitments.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Pinklise  (20-04-2017),smallpotatoes  (21-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I recently started F45 and am really enjoying it. With work and having a baby (and partner who is overseas most of the time) it's hard to fit in but I can get 3-4 classes in per week and try so very hard to avoid missing one. I hadn't done much since getting pregnant and before that I was into crossfit. Just can't do it anymore as the one near me doesn't have a crèche and the class times clash with other commitments.
    I have been doing F45 for 3 months now & I love it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying to do some yoga in the mornings, my problem is consistency. I'm so bad at sticking to it
    I have 2kg's weights that I have a set of quick exercise I do in the morning, which I originally started to help with neck pain and tension headaches, but am find great for arm flabby bits.
    I've thrown in running up/down the stairs 5x's 1-3 times a day, and elliptical trainer once the kids are in bed for 15min.
    I've not been exercising lately and am trying to build up stamina so I can do HIIT, some great workouts with fitness blender on you tube, but am so unfit at the moment I just can get through them.