Closed Thread
Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    I brought a few maternity tops from jeanswest yesterday and black pants for work from Sussans. Everything is in sale at the moment - awesome hey!

Question ladies, what are you doing with bra's?? Mine existing ones are now to small. What type do you buy? I'm only 17 weeks so I know I will get bigger but I need some new ones for now.
    Kmart have cheapies that worked fine for me. Maybe give them a try.

Yes great to get pants on sale. I'm finding I'm getting uncomfortable in a few pairs of clothes now. And I loved my maternity jeans last time...before and after the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also bought the Kmart Cheapies. They're like $8 or $10 or something. I was given that advice by a friend and I was so glad I listened. I BF DS and the leaking is a bit of a learning curve (even with breast pads) and I found I was changing out my bra more than once a day sometimes. I had to go out an buy more to make sure I had clean ones without having to do laundry 50 times a week. I think I had about 6 or 7 in the end. Imagine if you've bought fancy pants ones and had to buy that many

Thanks
    Reviews
    A cheap bra for me is if I can find something below $80 My favourite bra broke the other day so I'm down to only a couple that just fit now. I found maternity bras tend to be a little more generous in the cup, so you do get a bit of room to grow. Last time I stayed the same cup size, but I know lots of women have dramatic changes, so you could be anywhere in between. For a cheap temporary fix you can always get a bra extender and loosen the straps if you're not quite ready to plunge into maternity bras just yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't do the cheaper Kmart ones. I tried them but they give no support. I was already a DD and I'm up to an E cup now. Myer just had a 30% sale so I got 2 for $80 but the lady was telling me not to get maternity ones just normal ones, I got maternity ones as I was told I shouldn't have a bra with underwire. I'm confused as being told different things! Who knew bras could be so confusing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh yes, I'm a 12C, so not much support needed here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for the pep talk ladies, really helped me to get my head around the idea and thanks for the app suggestion @lotsathoughts i will definitely look into it!! Anything that can help i will give a go 😊

I was feeling a bit stressed today so went into my gp and got to listen to babys heart beart and have a quick scan to calm my mind so feeling much better today about it all. Think i just need to realise that so much of it is out of my hands but being healthy and doing all i can do to keep baby healthy is up to me 😊

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

bubbletrouble  (24-04-2017),lotsathoughts  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No good your feeling stressed @MrsBMum2be but that is great you got to hear heartbeat and have a quick scan.

I'm dying for a scan to see that bubs is ok. I've had a bit of pain today but think it's just because I'm doing to much. Back to work today for me and I'm struggling to focus. So glad tomorrow is a public holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The standard timing of scans is just too long in my opinion. It might be all the medical staff need, but the mothers need far more just for the reassurance! Especially before we feel movement it's such an agonising wait for weeks in between. I wish it was common to have pregnancy drop in clinics similar to what they do for babies where you can just stop in, have a quick scan and chat to a midwife if you need - no appointment necessary!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbletrouble View Post
    The standard timing of scans is just too long in my opinion. It might be all the medical staff need, but the mothers need far more just for the reassurance! Especially before we feel movement it's such an agonising wait for weeks in between. I wish it was common to have pregnancy drop in clinics similar to what they do for babies where you can just stop in, have a quick scan and chat to a midwife if you need - no appointment necessary!
    I booked a 3D scan for this weekend, no referral needed as it is entertainment only. I thought it would be cool to see the baby in 3D plus get some reassurance. I agree - the wait between 12 - 20 week scan is too long!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

bubbletrouble  (24-04-2017),lotsathoughts  (24-04-2017),MrsBMum2be  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mish239 yeah i know 😦 had some bad dreams about losing baby so i had really worked myself up over it but I'm lucky i work with my OBs so i just said i was worried and she saw me in her break. Really couldnt be any more appreciative of her. @bubbletrouble i agree! Especially for those who have had fertility treatment! It is such a huge wait from the 12 weeker and for me it suddenly set in this weekend that if something terrible were to happen we cant just simply have sex and get pregnant again because i dont have tubes so the fear of not knowing whats been happening for 4 weeks just got a bit much 😥