Closed Thread
Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the advise ladies. I know this is going to be my only bub so I want one that will go from baby to toddler as I won't get 2nd use out of it. I also don't want to spend a fortune. I will have a look at the ones everyone has mentioned.

Had a bad day yesterday, was feeling fine one minute then went all woozy and felt horrible and threw up. Got sent home from work and straight to bed.y tummy is a bit sore today and I'm hoping all is ok.
    I have a scan on Friday and will be 22 weeks. Just wish I could feel bubs so I knew everything was fine. I'm a little panicked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amywillo86 View Post
    I just bought my pram! I bought the Redsbaby Metro. I know a few people who have it and love it, and it has great reviews on Facebook. It the nicest looking pram I found within my price range - I paid $750 and got $100 of free accessories at the Baby Expo.
    Awesome! They've always looked good to me. I suppose you got to try it at the expo. That's what good about those days. Lots of bonuses too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    Thanks for the advise ladies. I know this is going to be my only bub so I want one that will go from baby to toddler as I won't get 2nd use out of it. I also don't want to spend a fortune. I will have a look at the ones everyone has mentioned.

Had a bad day yesterday, was feeling fine one minute then went all woozy and felt horrible and threw up. Got sent home from work and straight to bed.y tummy is a bit sore today and I'm hoping all is ok.
    I have a scan on Friday and will be 22 weeks. Just wish I could feel bubs so I knew everything was fine. I'm a little panicked
    Just get a pram you like and feel comfortable. You don't need to spend the world. I think ours was quite expensive but it suited our needs. Plus we didn't have a nursery to set up as we were moving states early into DD's life. We live with my parents until DD was almost one and only bought our own cot and did the nursery then!

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope the wait until the scan goes quickly. I've heard people not getting movements until 26 weeks with an anterior placenta. Hope baby gives you a kick of reassurance soon.

Hey did I tell you one of the dates we're looking at for induction is September 18? We could be booked in for the same day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That pram looms good @amywillo86. I just checked it out online. They have a demo day in perth on 8th July so I might have to go check it out.
    I think someone on here told me there was a baby expo in perth in august so I will have to find out the details for that also. I'm really starting to feel behind the 8 ball at the moment with this baby especially when I know this time in 17 weeks bubs will be here

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

amywillo86  (23-05-2017),kylie764  (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting @lotsathoughts!!! That would mean this time in 17 weeks you would be holding your baby too!!
    You were not in perth were you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not long before our babies are here really! I said to DH last night I'm wanting to start setting up the nursery in a couple of months before I feel like an absolute mammoth. It's currently set up as a guest room and his sons occasionally sleep over, but I don't want to be leaving it all to the last minute so they'll just have to start getting used to being on a temp fold out bed for a few months before Squeak arrives.

Just as a thought for those looking at prams with bassinets and/or travel systems, it is recommended not to leave babies too long to sleep in capsules which I'm sure you know, but using these items can also make some bubs difficult to transfer. My DD got used to being taken from car, to pram, to cot, etc from a young age so she was easy to settle wherever I needed her to be, but some of my friends bubs got so used to their capsules and bassinets they often became "stuck" somewhere just to get baby to sleep. I'm sure others are different and have no issues, but just something to consider if you don't want baby to become too dependent on a particular item to get a decent sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just signed up for the redsbaby demo in July I. Perth.
    I've heard a few things about the capsules @bubbletrouble and i e decided against having one. Due to the limited time they should spend it it and that it only can be used until around 6 months I feel it's not warranted and bubs can just get used to being lifted in and out. Also a lady at baby bunting said to me on Saturday if you have a c section then that's about 6 weeks where you won't be using it as it's to heavy for you to lift, so 6 months less 6 weeks makes it a bit of a waste of time for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Willowglen nope, haven't found a way around it I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    I've just signed up for the redsbaby demo in July I. Perth.
    I've heard a few things about the capsules @bubbletrouble and i e decided against having one. Due to the limited time they should spend it it and that it only can be used until around 6 months I feel it's not warranted and bubs can just get used to being lifted in and out. Also a lady at baby bunting said to me on Saturday if you have a c section then that's about 6 weeks where you won't be using it as it's to heavy for you to lift, so 6 months less 6 weeks makes it a bit of a waste of time for me.
    Awesome! I really liked the pram when I saw it at the expo. I thought the quality was just as good as the other prams that were twice the price! Let me know how you go.

I agree with you about the capsule. I bought my car seat on the weekend as well (Maxi-Cosi for 0-4). If I was planning on having 3-4 children, maybe it would be worth the cost, but this may be my only child (depending on how my eggs co-operate in the future). I want good quality items for the baby, but I don't want to go overboard on items that will rarely be used. The lady at Maxi-Cosi said that some babies are out of the capsule before 6 months depending on their height, and I suspect I will have a tall baby (my husband is 6'4) so that's even less time spent in it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree capsules can be a huge waste of money. Also because bubs can't spend too long in them they aren't that practical. Those were the reasons I didn't get one for DS. I'm glad because he would have been out of it before 6 months too as he's tall. I do think they are more practical for second Bub though because there's a lot more traveling around taking a toddler to things so I have got one this time. I was looking at second hand because most are still in such good condition after being used for such a short time. Luckily for us my Mum bought us one new as a gift but I will definitely sell it when I'm done with it. I'm undecided yet if I will get the adapter for the pram though.