Closed Thread
Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anyone looked at prams yet? What is the best brand?? I went to baby bunting on Saturday and walked out confused. I did like the bugaboo but then someone told me it was no good!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @mish239 Prams are a very personal thing and what suits one wont suit others. On the previous thread there was a major discussion on it if you want to go back and have a look.
    I have only heard amazing things about bugaboos but I personally own a Mountain Buggy

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bubbletrouble I have so far gained 7.5kg at 17 weeks. 6kg of that was in the first trimester so it has slowed down. I'm usually really active so I think stopping that has been the main contributor for me. I put on a lot with DS and I fear this time will be the same! It gets me down a bit because I eat healthy but I guess it's just my body.

As for exercise, all I'm managing is walking the dogs a few times a week! I'm still so exhausted, the thought of anything more makes me want to have a nap! I have a very active job that involves late nights (nurse) and running around after DS doesn't leave me much energy. I'm hoping to get back into some light weights and swimming but will have to see.
    @mish239 I've had that weird boob pain. Pregnancy involves so many weird pains! As for prams, like @Wishnhope said it depends on your needs. I have a baby jogger city mini gt and I love it.
    @Snoopa we have 2 dogs and I was worried about them jumping into the bassinet if it was next to our bed so we had DS in his own room from the start.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

bubbletrouble  (22-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    Has anyone looked at prams yet? What is the best brand?? I went to baby bunting on Saturday and walked out confused. I did like the bugaboo but then someone told me it was no good!!!
    As Wish said it's all up to personal preference really. I think Bugaboos are ridiculously overpriced, but others see them as an investment.

I'm really happy with my Steelcraft pram which I'm planning on using again with this bub, it's just a good middle of the road pram with all the features we wanted.

Have a look at online reviews, and maybe write a list of features you want - focus on your essentials and a few dot points for "nice to have". That should help you narrow down your options!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mish239 I have a joolz earth. We knew we were traveling to NZ with our bub so wanted a bassinet option that had air flow so the baby could sleep in it for a few hours at a time.
    I also wanted the option of having the baby facing us with the bassinet and the seat. I found the joolz easy to push and light when separated to put in the car.
    We played with lots of prams, got lots of help from attendants, asked friends to work out what we wanted. I have a Toyota Corolla so I needed something that would fit in that boot. We even tried putting a display model in our boot when shopping.
    I got a pretty good deal at the Boxing Day sales. Definitely shop during the sales.

AFM a lady at the health food shop asked how many weeks I am. It's the first time this pregnancy that someone asked me. It's lovely it's big enough to notice! Love these little things

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (22-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Feeling lots of flutters this evening, went through my prego diary from last time and noted I felt similar around 16 weeks last time. Hoping its Penguin making his presence known

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @Wishnhope! I'm getting full on kicks - and really low. I literally feel like Bub is kicking my cervix
    Saw my ob today - Bub is breech at the moment but it's not an issue right now. Everything else is looking good. Have to go and do the glucose challenge test in a few weeks time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (22-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ELM13 my kicks are also really low! I also said it felt like DS was kicking my cervix.
    @mish239 we have a Baby Jogger Citi Mini GT. I decided to think more long term (toddler) than short term (small baby) as the early stage is such a short time to be basing majority of the pram choice on. I'm just emphasising our thought process when we made the choice. I have never regretted it and will absolutely be using the same pram for DS2 with DS either on a EZ rider or bike or walking. I also think DS2 will spend a fair amount of time in a carrier as we'll be out and about so much more with DS.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimbaby For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (23-05-2017),Willowglen  (23-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Zimbaby I agree totally with pram choice and I also thought about older baby and toddler stage. Once they start sitting up (about 5-6 months) they will want to sit up and look out.
    I love my pram and would get it again.
    Question @Zimbaby, I have also looked at the ez rider and noticed DS wouldn't be able to sit on it when the pram is reclined. I will have the capsule for the first 6 months or so maybe not an issue? Did you find anyway around this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    I just bought my pram! I bought the Redsbaby Metro. I know a few people who have it and love it, and it has great reviews on Facebook. It the nicest looking pram I found within my price range - I paid $750 and got $100 of free accessories at the Baby Expo.
    Attached Images

15. The Following User Says Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (23-05-2017)