+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news @Wishnhope and @lotsathoughts! Glad all is well.

Only one more sleep until my scan and I'm starting to freak out! It's been 4 long weeks since the last one, I sure hope everything is ok.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2

I bet @Wishnhope it's nice to start to believe it's real.
    You're getting chromosomal testing aren't you? Will you find out the gender?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its nice not to spend the whole time imaging if things go wrong. Getting this far gives me great hope that this will be ok. Even DH took a huge sigh of relief when the sonographer located penguin and the heartbeat.

We are getting the chromosomal testing done, results will be back by 2/3rd May. We are finding out the gender but undecided of we will share that info. I want to keep it quiet DH wants to do a Gender Reveal Party. I think if its another boy Ill happily do the gender reveal for our family and friends, if its a girl we'll keep it quiet. MIL and SIL are chomping at the bit to buy ridiculous frilly over the top girly outfits so the longer I can contain that the better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone swelling already? Last time I started swelling significantly around 28-30 weeks (rings were off by 30 weeks). My pressure was perfect the whole way through last time and was noone was ever concerned.

My acupuncturist kindly mentioned my ankles were already swelling at 10 weeks!!
    Got my feet up every night will start the pressure stockings soon but anyone else got tips on keep the cankles at bay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still can't converse properly until my ob finds the baby looking ok on the scan. He knows to look and tell me it's looking perfect as soon as he can. Then I begin to breathe and reply to his questions

Yeah I get you wanting to keep it a secret. DH's family found out the gender but they're in NZ so it's ok as they won't bump into my fam, who mostly don't know. We have 5 girls and one boy between my sisters and I - and I come from a family of four girls. So this little boy will be such a novelty. I'm happy to keep the suspense going for them plus I have people I can talk openly about it with.

No swelling from me yet. Maybe get onto some Epsom salt baths? They were good for me last time. And put your feet up when you can (which is harder second time around I know).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

bubbletrouble  (21-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No swelling for me but OMG I'm so bloody itchy! I also have a UTI which I went to the dr about today. I will only get results on Sunday, but had to start taking the anti-bi's as it was getting worse. A missed UTI turned kidney infection was the cause for DS's emergency delivery. At least I've caught the UTI this time but ridiculously nervous about whether or not it'll progress. Obviously bub is too small for anything significant so I'm really on tender hooks. Had a blood test to check my liver for the itch/rash. It's crazy itchy... ALL THE TIME!!!! I know about PUPPS but apparently it only really occurs in later pregnancy. It's on my tummy, tops of my legs, lower back. I just want to scratch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness ladies i had a very weird and amazing experience this morning!! My belly went all pointy, lopsided and hard on one side!! Was so amazing cos all i could imagine was it was baby shifting to the right!! Any one else had similar? FTM losing her mind with excitement over here haha
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Zimbaby A friend questioned her itchiness recently and noone came up with a solution. She said she had super dry skin that seemed to be causing her itchiness and no moisturiser was helping. Sorry Im not much help? Id pop into a chemist and see what they suggest.
    *Note Talc was the only thing thag helped me later when my skin started to stretch.
    @MrsBMum2be sounds like bub is on the move. Happens a lot as your pregnancy progresses. Super exciting for the first time though!

Even though we saw penguin yesterday, still super nervous as symptoms fade. Energy levels are tonnes better (still not great but I can get through to at least 4/5pm before I feel like a sack of potatoes)
    And the MS is only haunting me at night, kicks in around 7:30pm.
    Certainly grateful for to not feel like and aware that this should start happening around 10ish weeks but nerve racking none the less!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Zimbaby  (21-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting @MrsBMum2be! I've got more padding on my belly than you, so I didn't get the visuals quite this early but it is such a cool experience! Feeling a baby move in my belly was one thing I really missed about pregnancy so I'm looking forward to when Squeak is big enough for me to feel her constantly.
    @Zimbaby no miraculous cures for being itchy, but would definitely pop into a chemist and see if they have anything to recommend. I had a random issue with dermatitis a couple of years ago after never having a problem in the past and found the QV Flare Up body wash really helpful for helping to calm my skin.

Yay for some energy @Wishnhope! I started feeling better at around 10 weeks and worried too, but still having good and bad days with exhaustion and morning sickness. I just want to fast forward to 20ish weeks for my next scan and strong movements. These early months of pregnancy are the worst.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

Zimbaby  (21-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I (try) and use bio oil every night on my belly, hips and boobs. I was told it will help with stretch marks and itching, so far so good. 17 weeks today and my belly is very noticeable but still haven't felt bubs move. Can't wait for my 19 week scan in 2 1/2 weeks. So worried something is wrong since it's been 5 weeks since my last scan.