ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @mish239 oh dear glad yours was all ok!! Gosh girls the things we go through hey 😊 well after urgent bloods and scans to rule out appendicitis the Dr said i had a positive catalase in my urine and it could be a bladder/kidney infection causing all the pain so sent me home with instructions to rest and some antibiotics! Not sure how long it takes for the antibiotics to kick in though 😒
    We watched the uterus contracting on the ultrasound too which was weird to see, apparently it happens frequently all throughout pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rest up @MrsBMum2be hopefully the antibiotics kick in, in the next 24 hours. That's funny you say that about the uterus contracting because I was sure I was getting Braxton hicks. I probably didn't realize what they were this early last time around.
    @mish239 gosh that sounds like a lot of growing in week 20-21.
    The top of my ribs have been aching this week. Right in the middle, just below my boobs. Don't remember stretching this early last time but it's good to know my body is still expanding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear mish ☺

Those bladder pains sound awful ladies! I had a bladder infection once and you've described similar pains, so please don't let your doctors dismiss it as a pregnancy thing if it doesn't ease up. I didn't get any of the burning feeling like a UTI, so I was very surprised when all the constant discomfort and pains I was getting was from ab infection in my bladder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my morphology scan today. All is well, baby is healthy and very wriggly! We held off and didn't find out the sex, although DH was keeping his eyes peeled! The only thing is, my cervix is 7cm which she said is longer than normal. She said it could mean a c-section, but she'll see how it goes at the 28/34 week scan. I wonder if the IVF drugs have anything to do with that? She also said she could see I was having contractions. She didn't seem too concerned though. 😍

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

bubbletrouble  (18-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    Do you know I've read that between week 20 - 21 bubs grows 10cm!!!!
    It's because they don't include the baby's legs in the measurements until 20 weeks. So it's not actually growing that much, it's just measured differently.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

bubbletrouble  (18-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good to know @MrsBMum2be
    i hope you are on the mend xx

Yay for another scan today @amywillo86. Hope a long cervix doesnt give you too much grief.

AFM 14 weeks 3 days
    Not feeling anything these days! Just looking fat! On a positive note I get my first midwife appt at the hospital next Thursday. Excited to check out the new hospital 🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amywillo86 View Post
    It's because they don't include the baby's legs in the measurements until 20 weeks. So it's not actually growing that much, it's just measured differently.
    Oh thank god, I thought I was about to grow huge over night haha. Sorry I'm so clueless

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsBMum2be sorry to hear you could have an infection. Hope the antibiotics have kicked in and your feeling better.

That's interesting @bubbletrouble about the bladder infection. I have pretty much had pain in my left side since I found out I was pregnant and I was worried it was eptopic (which it obviously isn't) but I still have the pains and they are always on the left, some days really bad and others ok, it's like I'm use to them now it seems normal (except the night I couldn't move and was in tears).

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could be ligament pain @mish239, even though it's not supposed to start until later some women are just more susceptible to it so it's not unheard of. Easy to do a test on your urine through the doctor's if you're concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mish239 thankyou, I'm definitely in less pain but now I'm dizzy as heck 😒 just cant win this month lol