Closed Thread
Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Willowglen - We have the boys name picked out - it's the only one we can agree on. The girl name is a bit harder - he has only given me one name that he likes. I like it too, but we need a middle name! He won't agree on anything. I even said to him to go through the baby name app and find a name that you like, but he doesn't like anything. I think I will just have to pick it and he will just have to suck it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amywillo86 that sounds exactly like my DH! Picking names is so hard.
    @Zimbaby you must be so looking forward to going home, how exciting to know the sex soon!
    @cozkate I'm just getting checks every 4 weeks with GP and the regular scans at 12 & 20 weeks.

On the subject of middle names (again, we had it all picked for a girl!), for DS we used my dads name as he passed away 10 years earlier and it felt like a nice way to honour him. Trouble is, DH says because of that we now have to use his dad's name for this ones middle name. I'm not a fan of this idea and I don't love the name and it goes with nothing! Is this mean? Unfortunately DH has already told him we're using it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowglen View Post
    On the subject of middle names (again, we had it all picked for a girl!), for DS we used my dads name as he passed away 10 years earlier and it felt like a nice way to honour him. Trouble is, DH says because of that we now have to use his dad's name for this ones middle name. I'm not a fan of this idea and I don't love the name and it goes with nothing! Is this mean? Unfortunately DH has already told him we're using it!!
    Oh that's sucks that he already told him! I don't think you have to use family names for each child! We are using a family name (DH grandfather) for the boys middle name, but it's quite a nice name and I loveeeee DH's grandfather. I think my mum is a bit offended that I'm not using her Dads name (as he passed away last year) but I wasn't very close to him - he lived in another country. He was also an alcoholic and died from it. Although I loved him, I'm not sure I want my child named after him. So if I were to have another boy later down the track, I wouldn't pick another family name just because I felt obligated! If you really don't like it, DH is just going to have to tell his Dad that he was wrong.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

Willowglen  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I never understood the fuss of a middle name. I dont have one and I have absolutely no issue with it!

No one ever hears it and its never used in the day to day. If you cant find one you like dont pick one, simple! It if you dont like it and are obligated to use it, who cares! DS has the same family name for the first born son. I dont hate it but I honestly dont like that he has to have it either.

Just my opinion....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Willowglen  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishnhope I don't have one either. Funny thing is for me not having one makes me care about them more and want a good one!
    I see a lot of older people at work going by their middle name so I guess I always think it gives people another name option. I always felt ripped off not having one. Still, everybody is different I guess.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No middle name here either. But have chosen them for my DD and the one in the oven. I find it a bit of a novelty.
    We had no family names for DD just names we liked.
    For this one we have my DH's Dad's middle name as the middle name. But it's because it's a nice name. It will also be a slight nod to them as they live in another country. I know it will mean a lot to them and no one will really know that it's a family name except them. It's a win win for us.
    Sorry you feel pressured @Willowglen. Have you thought of alternatives or is DH pretty set?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are not having a middle name for bubs. I have one and DH doesn't. I'm not really fussed by it.
    I have my girls name sorted, one favorite and 3 backups if when bubs is born the favorite doesn't seem right. When I comes to boy names we are struggling, I've got one I like but DH keeps making funny names from it so don't want that fort little one as it grows up (if dad makes fun of it then imagine what kids will do). I am starting to grow fond on another name also, still time left but I just feel like I'm having a boy so I really need to come up with a couple.

AFM still having some pain but it's not as bad. Day off today and I've been very lazy and done nothing. I did go by a body pillow and had an awesome afternoon sleep with it! It was also on sale which was perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has DH's family middle name. My family has a traditional middle name too, but I discovered some years back that it was my grandmothers maiden name, and she wasn't particularly fond of me. So although I liked the name, I was put off it somewhat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have chosen middle names for our belly bub if its a boy or a girl (have 2 names for each sex to choose from) but for us the middle names are family names. For a baby girl the middle name is my nans middle name that she goes by and she is one of my best friends so it has special meaning to us so we picked a special bots name too but i totally agree that its personal preference 😊😊 the first name is just as special with or without a midddle name. I agree with you @amywillo86 certainly doesnt have to be a family name for each child, any name you love enough to want to add is special enough! @mish239 sucks you are still in a bit of pain but im glad to hear its improving for you. Im sorry if i missed it bug did your Dr say what was causing it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If we have a boy we're gonna have a hard time picking a name. I'd like to give DH's name as a middle name but he's not keen on the idea. Girl's name should be pretty easy to pick for us.

I've got my nt scan next Thursday and I'm super excited. It will also be my last day of pessaries!!!! Did you ladies stop cold turkey or wean off? Ob said to stop at 12 weeks but I didn't think to ask. I don't see her again till the following week.

Can anyone tell me what to expect at the nt scan? Will they tell me straight away of everything looks ok?