+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Travel destination suggestions

DH and I are planning an overseas trip in September next year to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Our kids will be coming with us - DD will be almost 7 and DS almost 4.

If we can save enough we were thinking the US, but we were also thinking maybe Europe? Anyone have experiences travelling with kids - any must dos or any places to avoid?

US were thinking Hawaii, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon, New York, Washington and Los Angeles

Europe - I've made about 6 different trip options because we want to see everywhere. London and Paris are a must, but I'd love some ideas of places that are great with kids.

We will probably be 3.5 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've only travelled in winter, but I think New York is very easy with kids. We went with our boys when they were 1 and 3, and that was in the freezing winter. September will be really nice! They absolutely loved the museum of natural history. We also spent a bit of time in Central Park. It will be much nicer in autumn when you'll be there, but we enjoyed the ice skating at the trump ice rink (eeeeek trump!). Kids will also get a big kick out of Times Square, there's some great shops for kids and we had a fun dinner at stardust diner, where the waiters sing on the tables.

We were in Hawaii that same year/trip and it was also quite child friendly, pools, beaches, relaxed dining options.. it's a good family destination. We mainly stayed at aulani Disney hotel. Kids loved it. We didn't like it so much because it was very "touristy" rather than traditional Hawaiian but there's Disney characters walking around and you can have breakfast with Mickey Mouse.. you can go there without staying in the hotel but you need to book the character breakfast in advance. We went with my half brother and sister. They were 6 and 8 at the time I think.

Europe - it's easy enough to take them around with you, but I can't think of specific things kids like..
    the luxumburg gardens in Paris are beautiful. I went in summer 13 years ago! Without kids. It was beautiful. They have lots of activities for kids there. The Pompidou centre would be an interesting museum for kids too.

As I said, we only went in winter and pretty much stayed exclusively in ski resorts.. I don't think we will take the kids around the European cities until they're a bit older but for now they can have fun skiing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD enjoyed Disneyland, Santa Monica, San Diego & universal studios in California.
    Sounds like a fun trip!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have travelled with a 3 year old to New York and Disneyland.
    New York is a fantastic place for kids, happy to PM you any info if you like.
    And Disneyland well that is an awesome place no matter the age.

We also stayed at Beaches at Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean another great place for kids