Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    F
    Will come back later. The tornado just woke up

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's sad, I don't think children should be having babies. As a mother of a 14 yr old girl I would be mortified if she was pregnant. She barely remembers to feed the animals without be asked 5 times my daughter is in no way fit to be a mother.
    As others have said I think there is far more to the story than we know. If it was based on age hundreds of babies would be taken away from their teen parents. I don't think the story should be given anymore media time. Let the authorities deal with it. The so called fire attack on the house just shows that the home is not safe for a baby let alone 2 young teen children.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Constanceprice For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    14/15 is too young generally. sure you get the odd case where it "works out" but i think there'd need to be very strong support networks and a stable family life for it to work out.

generally the kids getting themselves knocked up so young come from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, often with FV, history of drug/alcohol issues, other addiction issues etc. so it's a set up for failure from the get go.

i'd be devastated if my kid came home pregnant so young.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default **possible trigger**What age is too young to have children and be able to car...

I work in this area of Sydney and there are a lot of teenage pregnancies. I've taught many children and often hear of ex students from the primary school I work at not long into high school and expecting. There's also been other young boys from my school who have become fathers. None of these people have had their baby removed. I've seen so many other children be seriously neglected and stay with their parents.

There must be some very serious red flags for this newborn baby to be removed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the media were following police instructions to publish the names and photos of the teens, to assist in locating them. When they were located is when the media involvement should have ended, and they should then have retracted all information with names and photos.

I think that teens can be goid parents, especially with the right support. But obviously these teens don't have that support at home. And obviously it's ideal for people to wait until an older age, when they've finished their education and can be financially independent, before having children.

There's obviously good reason for the baby being removed, but I think the teens should also be removed from that home environment and supported in raising their baby elsewhere.

I just feel so so sad for these poor kids. Traumatised by their upbringing, and then further traumatised by having their baby ripped away from them. I just want to give them both a hug.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    What I don't understand is if the conditions are that terrible in the young father's household that it is not appropriate for a baby, why is it ok for the 14 year old dad to still be there?
    He could have been removed previously, but it's not uncommon for teenagers to continuously break down any foster care placements and return home, when it gets to the point that the only option is to allow them to stay in the home, offer them as much support as possible, and hope for the best.

Alternatively, these children may have slipped through the cracks and FaCS were not alerted until the pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think there is more to this story then what is being let on through the media.

Reports I've heard about are the grandma is 47 and the boy's father is 30 so the precedent to have babies was already set. The grandma allows other kids in her house even thoughs that aren't her late to drop out of school, do drugs (ice being the main one) and drink alcohol with her. Docs where already on this case before she had the baby and the mum isn't allowed to breastfeed due to drug use. The fact they ran shows they aren't mature enough to handle the situation at all. The interviews that you see on TV the words are being fed into their mouths by the reporter. They have shown no emotion at all.

Why is it that only the father talks and not the mother while she looks away from the camera ?

The kids need to get an education to get out of the living situations where they are. What hope do any of them have if they stay in the current situation. They will end up as numbers in a system living on Centrelink for the rest of their lives.

Where is the girls mother in all of this aswell as I've only seen his mum in the news

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (19-04-2017),Chippa  (19-04-2017),HillDweller  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read that they were offered to live with one of the grandparents, which would have given them and the baby a stable environment, but they refused. If this is true, combined with them fleeing from the hospital in the middle of the night against orders, it demonstrates their lack of ability to put their baby's care and safety first.

It would be ideal if every child could stay with their parents, but that's just not the case, unfortunately. FaCS have so many measures in place to work with the families to keep children in the home, so removing a newborn would not be a decision based purely on the parents' age, or one made lightly.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (19-04-2017),Frankenmum  (19-04-2017),Gentoo  (19-04-2017),gingermillie  (19-04-2017),Stiflers Mom  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This story makes my blood boil. If they are so worried about the teenage parents looking after their baby properly then put ALL 3 CHILDREN into foster care together. It is WRONG to take someone's child, regardless of the age of the parents. Obviously the grandparents are pretty crap and not suitable, or this wouldnt have happened.
    There are PLENTY of 15 year old indigenous mothers in my country town, there is currently one who went to kindy with my daughter, which makes her THIRTEEN and pregnant . NO-ONE takes their babies away.
    Also, if either of these kids came from a middle class home there would be NO QUESTIONS about them keeping the baby.
    Omg this just makes me SO ANGRY. They are doing untold damage to that poor girl and to the baby. We are NOT living in 1950. I am sorry for people who cant have children but BIOLOGY MATTERS.

If anyone had been threatened with having their baby stolen then they would have done the same thing and ran. I dont blame them for trying to run, they were desperate to keep their baby and be together. If someone threatened to take my child, I'd run. OMG I am so angry.
    There have been quite a lot of foster carers popping up in comments about taking all 3 kids in. WHY CANT THEY DO THAT?????
    Last edited by Rachel3072; 19-04-2017 at 08:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my highschool friends had her son at 16. She is married and now in a blended family with step kids. Owns a house, had another child now older. Her children go to private school. They both work don't collect Centrelink. I don't think any age matters. You can be a crap mum at 30 tbh.

Let's get real there is ice addicts, drunks, no hopers, people seem think unless you work own a home your only fit to raise a kid. So I'm just going to say a big whatever