+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default CD8, Who's also at the start of their cycle and TTC?

Just thought I'd start up my own TTC diary. Currently CD8, temping each morning and about to start using OPKs for the second month as of next Tuesday. Second month off the pill and currently TTC our first! Very exciting but stressful journey. First cycle off the pill was 49 days and I didn't O until CD37, time goes so slow when you're waiting! Who else is at the start of their cycle and waiting for O? Join me ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! We're also TTC our first I'm on CD14 and am waiting for O. This is my first month temping and using the Clear blue adv digital OPK. Before that I was just relying on CM. My cycle length is quite random at the moment so I have no idea when I'll O. So kind of in a similar situation as you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Proteaceae For This Useful Post:

ssstephy  (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been relying solely on CM and cramping, which I don't think are very reliable.

How hard and time consuming are OPKs? And is the ClearBlue Digital Thermometer recommended?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! That's what I did too, but then realised it's not going to work with me and my situation. I needed more information.

I don't know about the Clearblue digital thermometer. Mine is the only one I could find at my local pharmacies. It's a Surgipack digital ovulation thermometer. Seems to be working just fine.

I've been using the CB digital dual hormone opk this month and you have to use FMU so it will eat into your morning routine slightly. It takes about 5 mins for a result, and the result stays on the display for 8 mins. I use the dip in a cup method and then leave it to do its thing and then come back and read the result, and pack it away. I find its easier than the regular opk because you don't have to sit and watch it to make sure you read it in time. However, I have started yesterday with regular opks as well because I want to test in the afternoons as I feel like O is close and I don't want to miss my LH surge and the digital ones are quite expensive (only have 2 of those sticks left!)

The digital one is very easy to read. I don't know about the normal ones, as I haven't had much experience in those yet.

I find temping really easy because I use the fertility friend app and you can enter your temp straight away and then sync later.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Proteaceae For This Useful Post:

ssstephy  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie575 View Post
    I have been relying solely on CM and cramping, which I don't think are very reliable.

How hard and time consuming are OPKs? And is the ClearBlue Digital Thermometer recommended?
    Hi Kylie
    I used the CB advanced digital OPKs for the first month and as I had a 49 day cycle I used heaps and got absolutely no positives. Luckily we BD every second day starting CD15 up until temp confirmed I O'd CD 37. I found them to be far too expensive and unreliable. I have bought a heap of cheapies off eBay for this month so I can test until my hearts content lol I do have polycystic ovaries, but not PCOS so that probably affected the results I got. I also use fertility friend VIP ($27 for 3 months) and find the charting function for charting BBT soooo good!! If I wasn't temping I wouldn't have known I O'd last month as I didn't get any EWCM at all and no other symptoms of ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteaceae View Post
    Hi! We're also TTC our first I'm on CD14 and am waiting for O. This is my first month temping and using the Clear blue adv digital OPK. Before that I was just relying on CM. My cycle length is quite random at the moment so I have no idea when I'll O. So kind of in a similar situation as you!
    Let's hope things get easier for us and our cycles become more regular!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now at CD12, starting to get creamy CM and OPKs slowly getting a bit darker. Thinking I'll ovulate between CD18 and CD28! Can't wait for ovulation to hurry up! I did have a big temp drop yesterday which was weird? But back to normal today, was a bit scared I already O'd and missed it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! I think I Od yesterday. Had a temp dip, but today's temp wasn't too much higher than before. I slept in a bit though so I dunno? Time will tell I guess. DP is convinced we conceived last night haha

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Proteaceae For This Useful Post:

ssstephy  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @proteacea I had a big temp dip on CD10 but I thought nothing of it, I'll attach my chart. Any opinions on what's going on? My last cycle was 49 days and I O'd on CD37.. today I had a tiny bit of blood on the toilet paper when I wiped which I've never had before.. no idea what's going on haha IMG_1492927631.589053.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm... I'm by no means a chart expert. I only started this cycle! It looks possible but maybe it was a fluke dip and you're still going to O? It's your second cycle off the pill so your hormones might take a while to normalize, so they might be doing some weird things. I'd tentatively assume you might still ovulate and keep BDing. If your temps stay high for a few days then maybe you did O on CD10.

I'm having the opposite problem. Mine is rising after testing positive for an LH surge, but isn't rising steeply... I hope it doesn't go down. I don't want my deepest fear confirmed - that I'm not ovulating.
    Attached Images