+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are the Symptoms of Miscarried..?

I'm only about 4-5 weeks pregnant but I'm SO paranoid about miscarrying., would I definitely know if I even miscarried? I had some light brownish discharge today which I wouldn't call "bleeding" but I don't know if that is normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

This is my story. Not everyone with brown spotting has the same outcome as me.

I had a tiny bit of brown spotting at just over 5 weeks. Went to GP who did a blood test. I had a follow up HCG done 3 days later and my HCG had only gone up by 100. I had a scan at just over 6 weeks which showed a heartbeat. Spotting increased over the weekend. I had another scan a week after the first, and no heartbeat. I had a D&C the next day.

Good luck, I hope bub is nice and safe in there. Spotting could be a result of it burrowing in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brown discharge = old blood, so generally speaking nothing to worry about. It's common. I miscarried at 4w5d. It started out with low back pain followed by brown spotting. Within 24 hours my spotting turned to bright red bleeding. Had I not gotten a faint positive pregnancy test 5 days earlier, I still would've suspected something since I bled for 10 days and it was like no other "normal" period. It also took another 5 weeks for me to get my next period. If you start to have bright red bleeding or experience other symptoms like menstrual cramps, low back pain, feeling of heaviness, call your doctor.

Here are some symptoms of Miscarriage:-

1. Heavy Bleeding
    2. Severe Abdominal pain or Back pain.
    3. Dizziness and fainting
    4. Bad Odor Vaginal Discharge

Also, you can read more about of
    miscarriage from https://thelifesquare.com/miscarriag...weeks-8575468/here
    Last edited by Allenmac; 18-04-2017 at 17:33. Reason: forgot to mention symptoms

Thanks
    Reviews
    In October I had spotting right from O, then at 5weeks I got 1 day of heavy bleeding and two light days and that was my miscarriage.
    this time I had light spotting that was brown at 5weeks, went to A&E due to the miscarriage in October. They did bloods and a scan, found a gestational sac but that's it, but it was only very early. Hcg kept climbing, spotting stopped after 3 days. Had a dating ultrasound at 8weeks and found a healthy Bub.
    hope all is ok. My spotting was implantation bleed, very common. But still puts you on edge.
    also I didn't get any pain/cramping with either experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    This is my story. Not everyone with brown spotting has the same outcome as me.

I had a tiny bit of brown spotting at just over 5 weeks. Went to GP who did a blood test. I had a
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    follow up HCG done 3 days later and my HCG had only gone up by 100. I had a scan at just over 6 weeks which showed a heartbeat. Spotting increased over the weekend. I had another scan a week after the first, and no heartbeat. I had a D&C the next day.

Good luck, I hope bub is nice and safe in there. Spotting could be a result of it burrowing in

I think you're right and you were suffered miscarried due to unbalanced hCG ( Human Chorionic Gonadotropin).

So, do you think unbalanced hCG causes a miscarriage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenmac View Post
    Brown discharge = old blood, so generally speaking nothing to worry about. It's common. I miscarried at 4w5d. It started out with low back pain followed by brown spotting. Within 24 hours my spotting turned to bright red bleeding. Had I not gotten a faint positive pregnancy test 5 days earlier, I still would've suspected something since I bled for 10 days and it was like no other "normal" period. It also took another 5 weeks for me to get my next period. If you start to have bright red bleeding or experience other symptoms like menstrual cramps, low back pain, feeling of heaviness, call your doctor.

Here are some symptoms of Miscarriage:-

1. Heavy Bleeding
    2. Severe Abdominal pain or Back pain.
    3. Dizziness and fainting
    4. Bad Odor Vaginal Discharge

Also, you can read more about of
    miscarriage from https://thelifesquare.com/miscarriag...weeks-8575468/here
    Thank you, Allenmac for you Feedback...

I have noticed that i am suffering from heavy bleeding and Bad Odor Vaginal Discharge. I have also read the article by following the link you had mentioned in your Reply. The article is really helpful for me... Thanks again.

I also need a suggestion from your side. Do you think Brown discharge is Common?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    In October I had spotting right from O, then at 5weeks I got 1 day of heavy bleeding and two light days and that was my miscarriage.
    this time I had light spotting that was brown at 5weeks, went to A&E due to the miscarriage in October. They did bloods and a scan, found a gestational sac but that's it, but it was only very early. Hcg kept climbing, spotting stopped after 3 days. Had a dating ultrasound at 8weeks and found a healthy Bub.
    hope all is ok. My spotting was implantation bleed, very common. But still puts you on edge.
    also I didn't get any pain/cramping with either experiences.
    Thank you Happyfrog for your reply.

And happy for your Bub... I also want a suggestion from you. Is Brownish discharge is common? If no, then what should i do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    brown means old. in my case it was the gestation sac implanting in the uterus wall. which cause a small bleed a lot women don't get the spotting but some do. I did with first but not with the next two, and well this one too. if its only spotting and not getting heavier and theres no pain then i wouldn't worry to much but if you are really worried go and get it checked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    brown means old. in my case it was the gestation sac implanting in the uterus wall. which cause a small bleed a lot women don't get the spotting but some do. I did with first but not with the next two, and well this one too. if its only spotting and not getting heavier and theres no pain then i wouldn't worry to much but if you are really worried go and get it checked.

Yes, you are right, that brown secretions are normal but if they are getting heavier, one should consult the doctor immediately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emilyjeo View Post

I think you're right and you were suffered miscarried due to unbalanced hCG ( Human Chorionic Gonadotropin).

So, do you think unbalanced hCG causes a miscarriage?
    I think the miscarriage caused the HCG levels to not increase as they should.

For my peace of mind, any spotting in early pregnancy, I'd get HCG checked twice to see the doubling time. If it's increasing fine, then everything should be fine. If it's not, then it indicates there could be a problem