+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke to my FS at QFG about testing for NKC if my second transfer is also negative and he completely dismissed it and said there isn't enough scientific research to prove that the treatment has benefited anyone. I googled it when I got home and there are so many articles saying it's a load of crap and there's no pill that's actually going to treat nkc which you wouldn't want anyway as our body needs them. They also protect the growing embryo. The steroids used in nkc treatment are so much more harmful than nkc could ever be. It's so hard! Who do you believe??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumma2be13 For This Useful Post:

ToBeThree  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma2be13 View Post
    I spoke to my FS at QFG about testing for NKC if my second transfer is also negative and he completely dismissed it and said there isn't enough scientific research to prove that the treatment has benefited anyone. I googled it when I got home and there are so many articles saying it's a load of crap and there's no pill that's actually going to treat nkc which you wouldn't want anyway as our body needs them. They also protect the growing embryo. The steroids used in nkc treatment are so much more harmful than nkc could ever be. It's so hard! Who do you believe??
    It's so hard. There's clearly disagreement. It makes it so difficult when we are searching for answers...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cag14 View Post
    @ToBeThree I haven't really spoken to the FS.

I'm so scared about it.. I want success as does everyone but I just wanted to know how Everyone has gone .

So you have done 4 transfers? Wouldn't that make it 4 cycles
    Yep - four transfers - two with and two without Prednisolone since the NKC test (but with different clinics).

I'm not sure of the terminology when it comes to cycles to be honest. I just work on the fact that I notify the clinic on "Day 1 of the cycle" and then begin medication so whether there's a transfer or not, I've considered it a cycle. Does it not count if there's no transfer? Even if there is an egg collection? So much still to learn about this process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ToBeThree yeah it counts as egg collection no transfer if you have a transfer it's still a cycle it's weird. I just say how many collections and transfers I have.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cag14 For This Useful Post:

ToBeThree  (14-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently at 9dp3dt. Had mild cramping this morning and then woke up to slight bleeding. It's turned period-like pretty quick. I've always had really heavy periods, and this isn't heavy, but I'm fairly sure I'm out Blood test wasn't meant to be until Friday so I have to call the clinic tomorrow and ask what I'm meant to do now.
    Ever since falling pregnant with my son, Mothers Day has been cursed. This was the first one I actively even got to celebrate and this happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So looking like my dream had been pushed down so low now with high NKC after 3 failed transfers after a successful pregnancy in 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    How sucky for both of you. I am starting the FSH injections tonight...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have questions about Progesterone pessaries. Anyone using them? I have to use two at night and two in the morning. I decided on 7am and 10pm because I could be sure I would be home and could lie down for a bit.

So, my questions are:
    - Should I be spacing them more evenly (not 9hrs and 15hrs)?
    - Should I be lying down afterwards and if so how long for?
    - Should the clinic do a blood test for progesterone levels after a BFN to make sure they are being absorbed right?

At lunchtime today I'll be 4dp5dt and I'm already driving myself crazy... What if the progesterone pessaries aren't working? What if sweating at night means I'm too hot and the embryos won't implant? Is stretching my legs bad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Temperature, stretching your legs etc is not going to stop it from implanting just go with your daily routine as you usually would and try not to stress! I stressed so much on my first cycle and it was ridiculous and all for nothing. I was on crinone progesterone in the morning and 1 pessarie at night. I'm not sure yet with my FET I'll find out on Thursday 😀

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumma2be13 For This Useful Post:

ToBeThree  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ToBeThree I have never taken that many pesseries but was told to space them evening apart as much as I could and take them at the same time. And was told half an hour lay down afterwards.

You won't be too hot for your embryo to implant unless you plan to sleep in a spa or sauna or heated pool which increases your body temp too quickly.

I'm sure you will get you BFP

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cag14 For This Useful Post:

ToBeThree  (16-05-2017)