+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last 1500iu pregnyl booster on Sat 6/5 8am... should it be out of my system by now and would hpt reliable?

I've read somewhere 1000iu leave in 24 hrs so 1500iu should be out of my system by 48 hours?

Tested hpt internet cheaper and there's a line there

Helpppp

Thanks
    Reviews
    i didn't get mine until cycle day 40 and I'm always every 28 days usually! Try not to stress it will definitely come soon 😊

Thanks cag14 this is my one and only frozen embie so I'm a little nervous!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/ FET May/June 2017

Duplicate Post removed
    Last edited by augieandaddie; 10-05-2017 at 00:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like I'm joining this thread too, have popped up on a couple before and have stalked many more! Apologies for the long rant! But you are my people, and thank you in advance for reading/ providing feedback.

My background
    I'm 38, DH 37
    Undiagnosed infertility, we've been together for over 15 years and have had no 'accidents'. Either that or it would have to be an immaculate conception... thanks to sharing our bed with our fur babies! I blame them as it's just too hard not knowing why! Thankful for them in every way... wouldn't change a thing, excite for their size! 34kgs and 28kgs - there is very little room left in this king side bed as I lay here typing away! Anyways...

First ever IVF round was March/April '17. I'm not sure why we waited so long to get started... careers, travel, stress, burnout, head buried in the sand... but we are here now. Put in a freshie on April 5th and decided to PGS the rest due to age. I also have very low AMH levels... so only got 5 eggs (all from my right ovary as my left was inaccessible as I was under local only. Could have potentially picked up two more lesson learned, going under next pick up.) 2 were damaged due to pickup/ICSI, leaving us with 3. They all fertilised. Had chemical pregnancy with the fresh transfer, sent the other two to get screened. One good. One bad. Pretty much found that news out on same day of rpt HcG blood tests confirming failed transfer so was disappointing to say the least.

Bringing us to today, finally had the follow up with the FS and Doc seemed rather happy with the results?!? We now have to decide if we should embryo bank (my suggestion) or proceed with the frozen PGS screened embryo. If it takes, I'd be blessed with a baby, but that would mean no more embryos in the freezer and we'd have to start from scratch and I'll be another year older. Doc asked us today... well how many babies do you want? Umm... as many as I can! Or is that really what I want? Would I/should I be happy with just one?

So that's our dilemma.

We have two plans in place, either to book on with FET at the end of the month, with an already scheduled back to back IVF round should the FET fails OR do another round of IVF, and try the same - fresh, PGS, then FET should it fail again. And hopefully fill that freezer as I keep on reading how many times it takes for that happy ending but then also hear the happy stories of you only needing one.

I'm so keen to move forward and do the FET and start growing that ! But just as keen to give myself the best chances in the future... whilst I'm only (rolling eyes and said in a sarcastic tone) only 38. How I got this old, I'll never know!

Wishing each and all their BFP for May/June. Look forward to following you all on your journey. PS I'm doing this in ADL if anyone ever wants to chat. xIMG_1494341099.460256.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are so many familiar names on here. I hope May/June is a successful cycle for all of you.

I am 38 and DP is 31. We've been trying IVF for four years. Our BFN after a donated FET in March was our 6th transfer and it hit really hard. Some days this feels like it's all about numbers...
    4 years
    5 countries
    6 clinics (two only initial consultations)
    4 egg collections
    12, 17, 12 and 6 eggs collected
    8 transferred embryos
    6 transfers (1 fresh, 5 frozen)
    6 BFNs

So, we have five frozen embryos waiting. Hopefully, if they both defrost ok, two will be transferred this Thursday 11 May.

Trying to be positive. I know that has to help... But this cycle I'm already so much more emotional than I have been before.

Wishing everyone so much luck! Hoping that this cycle we make our babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cag14 and @Fox4456 - I really hope you both get your period soon. IVF is just all about the waiting, isn't it? That's what no one tells you.

@cag14 - it must be so much harder to do this alone. I called DP at work on Saturday night bawling my eyes out and I am usually not that person. Do you have a support network around you? Are there others who know what you're going through who can help you when your DH goes away in a couple of weeks?

@BEARD88 I hope the transfer went well on Monday. Sending sticky implantation thoughts your way...

@ItsMeSandy I hope your little fighter is hanging in there and the two week wait isn't driving you crazy just yet.

@jussi Good luck for your first round of IVF. I hope it's all you need. It's perfectly normal to be emotional about it, even without the hormones. It's a roller coaster. I'm sure DH will ride it with you.
    Last edited by ToBeThree; 10-05-2017 at 07:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ToBeThree- my family have just decided to cut me away because they don't have time for me. I have a few friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Auggieanddaddie

Wow 5 eggs for a really low level is so good! My levels are supposedly "perfect" and I only got 6! Only 2 made it to blast which has me worried that actually I may have something wrong with me, surely at 31 only 2 blasts from 6 eggs is bad! I was told they expect to get lots of eggs but I think the menopur dose was too low.

I understand you're worried about your egg quality due to your age (sorry!) and another year on that but they do seem to be really good quality now! I'm not sure how likely it is that another year will affect that. We want 4 kids but I doubt that will happen I'm struggling just trying to get the first! But I've read about many people that have 3 or more kids from ivf so it's not wrong to want more than one! I think most people are wanting more than one. If you're really concerned about your eggs in a year then go the full cycle first, if it's something that's going to play on your mind if this frozen embryo takes then that's just added stress you don't need. If you can afford to do it just go for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mumma2be13 I hadn't thought about the stress while pregnant! I'm thinking I'll go ahead with the full cycle. It's about $4k out of pocket after rebates... and with already having reached my Medicare threshold thinking I may get more back, and the clinic gives a small discount for subsequent treatments in the calendar year, so playing that numbers game in my head too. Re: egg numbers, I guess that's why the Doc was happy, and I asked him about a different protocol to get more and he said that the current one worked well so not to change. Maybe they can mix it up for you next round... I know I cried getting 5, knowing my numbers were going to be low, but surely if your levels are great, they can try something different. It all seems like a guessing game really, but I'm not a FS so have to trust in them a bit. Quality over quantity has got to be better than OHSS, so there's your silver lining I guess. Keep me posted on your FET. I'm curious as to what support you are given... my Doc will only trigger if I don't ovulate, and the Pregnyl gives a bit of luteal support but no talks of pessaries and I read about them a lot on here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToBeThree View Post
    There are so many familiar names on here. I hope May/June is a successful cycle for all of you.

I am 38 and DP is 31. We've been trying IVF for four years. Our BFN after a donated FET in March was our 6th transfer and it hit really hard. Some days this feels like it's all about numbers...
    4 years
    5 countries
    6 clinics (two only initial consultations)
    4 egg collections
    12, 17, 12 and 6 eggs collected
    8 transferred embryos
    6 transfers (1 fresh, 5 frozen)
    6 BFNs

So, we have five frozen embryos waiting. Hopefully, if they both defrost ok, two will be transferred this Thursday 11 May.

Trying to be positive. I know that has to help... But this cycle I'm already so much more emotional than I have been before.

Wishing everyone so much luck! Hoping that this cycle we make our babies.
    I have a good feeling about this cycle for you... 11th of may is the day my IVF twins were born! It's an excellent day they are 3 tomorrow time flies

11. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin14 For This Useful Post:

ToBeThree  (11-05-2017)