+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/ FET May/June 2017

Making a new thread for those about to start IVF or FET next month.

Had my first ivf transfer in march and it's was BFN. Having my first FET in may, if everything goes to plan the transfer day is on the 12th, my birthday actually! I only have 1 frozen, I'm trying to be hopeful but it's hard!

Im 31 no known issues, having ivf due to MFI hubby has azoospermia so we're using a donor.

Where are you up to in your cycle? ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF may 2017

Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹
    I'm 28 and starting my first round of IVF in May. I'm currently on the pill + clexane injections as I have a clotting condition (FVL). I already have a beautiful 5year old who I conceived naturally. We've been trying to fall for 3.5 years now, tried clomid last year unsuccessfully. Feeling very nervous but hoping IVF will help us. Best wishes to you all! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I'm starting my first round next month. I'm 34 have a 9 yr old conceived naturally after years of trying. I have recently had a lot of miscarriages and 2 eptopics, this led to my diagnosis of endometriosis and only 1 ovary. This is our only option now so hoping for the best. So nervous for all the injections. Good luck to everyone โค๏ธ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'll be doing FET in May. Had my first stim cycle in March. All was well till ET, which got cancelled because after poking around for 10 mintues, the doctor on roster gave up and said I had a tight cervix and had to do a d&c first, otherwise ET could not be performed. I felt he simply didn't try hard enough, so instead of going for the d&c, I requested a mock transfer with my own FS. During the procedure she did mention that my cervix had a small angle but she managed to complete the mock transfer in 5 minutes. She said doctors with more patience should be able to do it and although d&c will make it easier, it's not necessary. I'm glad that I went back to my FS for a second opinion, but then I don't know which doctor I'll get for my FET. Not entirely happy with the roster system. If I had had a different doctor for my March ET, I might not have had to go through all this frustration after the cancelled ET, plus the two months wasted, and the additional cost for FET after freeze-all (not much, but still).

Anyway, good luck to all

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/ FET May/June 2017

I am pretty sure I will be joining yet another group for IVF transfer number 4, with third egg collection just completed for this try.

Background :
    Misscarriage 2011
    Miscarriage 2012
    Ivf having to be conducted due to balanced translocation

April 2013 - egg collection conducted 2 PGD TESTED good
    2 FET BFN
    2013 - egg collection conducted 3 PGD good
    1 FET Aug BFP

2 FET BFN
    Egg collection AUG - 1 egg PGD good
    1 FET NOV - BFN

Egg collection JAN - all lost due to doing IVF no ICSI

Egg collection MAR - 3 PGD tested good

Awaiting 4th FET for bub 2
    Last edited by cag14; 19-04-2017 at 14:54.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cag14 For This Useful Post:

Cooki  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, I would like to join your group. I have been on this fertility ride for 9 years. I have had 2 miscarriages, 2 ectopic damaging both fallopian tunes. Then my miracle DS which is two in may. Last year we tried 3 FET unsuccessful. So now may or June I will be doing my 3rd full egg collection in the hope fresh works again. On 2nd may I have my next appointment to find out my next steps and collect my needles. I am doing it in Brisbane. Where is everyone else stationed. Looking forward to supporting all thru our next process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @becdoolan. Hopefully everything goes well for you this time. My next appointment to get all my medication is on the 5th May at Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @becdoolan I'm going through Monash, in Rockhampton QLD. Best wishes to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck everyone!!

I'm with QFG on the Sunshine Coast. I was hoping to start next week but at my baseline scan he said I looked like I was quite early on in my cycle but I was on day 17 and I've read some people wait ages to get their first period after ivf so i hope that's not me I had my bfn negative bleed on day 7 as I stopped my progesterone on the night of day 6 after 2 negative HPTs I just knew absolutely before I took the tests it hadn't worked. Hopefully I'm not waiting too long for my period.

@Ourlittlebubble try not to worry too much about the injections, for me they were completely painless I was really surprised! I had no side effects either except bloating and a little ovary pain before egg pick up but didn't bother me at all in the slightest so you'll be just fine! ๐Ÿ˜€

@NSC88 good luck for your first cycle! ๐Ÿ˜€ I was really nervous too but your making the steps to get your baby!

@fox4556 honestly that's so ****! I would of been so angry ๐Ÿ˜ก hopefully this next transfer you get a more patient doctor! In this process I'm actually amazed at how many people have been rude or slack at getting back to you etc if you're not sympathetic and willing to go the extra mile to reassure your patient then you should be in the ivf business.

@cag14 and @becdoolan good luck for baby number 2 ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, mind if I join you? I've been on this forum before, but long story short, I have a 5 1/2 year old daughter, hubby and I are both 33, I have been operated on for fibroids and stage 4 endometriosis multiple times, and I've had 4 first trimester miscarriages. Our daughter was conceived naturally just as we were starting conversations about IVF last time, but I am much more damaged internally than I was 5 1/2 years ago, and so this time, IVF is the go. Hubby has low sperm morphology too, so it might end up being ICSI (which they will assess when they look at his semen on the day). Thankfully, he has an unusually high sperm count, so the low morphology percentage will be counteracted by that there's so many. We picked up our meds on Wednesday, and are just waiting for my cycle to start in about 3 weeks' time. This will be our first round of IVF. Good luck everyone.