ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Child 1: no. No no no.

Child 2: please don't keep growing... stay little forever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The first two I did. After that I found it really hard navigating life with lots of little people in my life. Years of constant sleep deprivation, being a SAHM and losing a part of myself as I spent my days changing nappies and dealing with tantrums took its toll. I thought I'd be sad when the baby years were over, but the reality was I really loved finding myself again and gaining some independence once we got out of that stage of life.
    I have zero desire to have a baby now.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-04-2017),Californication  (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I thought I'd be sad when the baby years were over, but the reality was I really loved finding myself again and gaining some independence once we got out of that stage of life.
    I have zero desire to have a baby now.
    This is me.
    I don't feel even the remotest bit melancholy getting rid of the baby stuff. I feel nothing watching emotional baby ads like huggies apart from a sense of relief knowing those days are over.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-04-2017),Californication  (18-04-2017),Full House  (17-04-2017),gingermillie  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't particularly love the baby stage. DS was a cruisy baby but I lived in a constant state of anxiety regardless. DD was a sleepless baby so it was the anxiety coupled with crippling exhaustion. I also found the baby stage relentless and the days sooooo long.

I feel I've hit my stride with both kids in primary school. I'm a primary trained teacher so I guess it's no surprise that I like the age group . There's just so much meaty stuff we can do with them, they get jokes, wit and understand what life is all about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't know if I will make sense but I did love the baby stage yet I don't feel clucky when I see babies, and I'm glad that I'm not there anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @MyDino I read your post and just wanted to give you hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    @MyDino I read your post and just wanted to give you hugs xx
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope not much
    I feel like the first whole year wasn't very enjoyable
    She's was high maintenance and cried a lot. Now she's crawling and walking a little, she's becoming more enjoyable but I still find the baby stage boring and needy.

I felt like I was stuck home with her and couldn't just jump in the car and go. Not being able communicate and reason with her drives me nuts. I'm a preschool teacher so maybe that's why.

She's also not very cuddly and never has been so it's hard to feel connected sometimes.

I often couldn't wait for her to sleep or dh to be home so I couldn't leave her and go out. We're getting better though

I think I'll enjoy her as she ages

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Did you enjoy the baby stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    Nope not much
    I feel like the first whole year wasn't very enjoyable
    She's was high maintenance and cried a lot. Now she's crawling and walking a little, she's becoming more enjoyable but I still find the baby stage boring and needy.

I felt like I was stuck home with her and couldn't just jump in the car and go. Not being able communicate and reason with her drives me nuts. I'm a preschool teacher so maybe that's why.

She's also not very cuddly and never has been so it's hard to feel connected sometimes.

I often couldn't wait for her to sleep or dh to be home so I couldn't leave her and go out. We're getting better though

I think I'll enjoy her as she ages
    just realized it's you

agree with this mostly. i feel bad saying it but i did/still do look forward to nap times or being out as i feel very trapped at home on my own with ds. it's ok if dh is there to help but i feel trapped otherwise. i feel horrible if he even whinges so i struggle putting him down to use the toilet (for instance). i'm getting better but some days are still hard. i really didn't like the early days, like this time last year wasn't much fun. dh was having a sh!t time at his then-job which i took on. added to that i was stuck at home with no close friends or family around, sometimes with no car. the days were so long, i'd be clock watching all day. if we have a second i'm going to do everything in my power to ensure it's not like that again. i don't think i could cope a second time (although maybe i could??). i just didn't enjoy it. i put so much pressure on myself, i felt so alone and maintaining the facade was hard work a lot of the time. and ds was a pretty cruisy baby. i'm scared to think how i would've been if he'd been a sh!t sleeper or been a screamer. we also had issues with bf at the start (although who doesn't) which i struggled mentally with. i look back now and think oh it wasn't so bad, but most days i cried and i just never felt i loved it. i loved/love ds, but i hated the repetitive nature of those early days. never getting a break, no me time, feeling tired, feeling house bound etc.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-04-2017),Reneeharry  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it hard and thought I didn't really enjoy it but looking back I like it better than threenagerhood.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

Californication  (18-04-2017)