+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my first - no, not at all. I found it all so overwhelming, and anxiety (that I didn't recognize at the time) didn't help.

With my second, yes, loved it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Did you enjoy the baby stage?

Umm no. To be honest I bloody hated it.
    To be honest there are days now that they are older I still don't enjoy it!

I always wanted to be a mum yet I find the whole motherhood thing very hard. Even though my girls are well behaved and I adore them to bits I find my life not as fun anymore. And it's draining juggling work, kids, husband, I find it almost impossible where I am the priority, I guess that is mainly my fault .... I just want to run away sometimes from it all.
    But it is certainly getting easier as they are getting older. I'm getting a bit more breathing space as time passes.

I wish there was an adopt an adult child program. For those with crappy or unsupportive parents, or those who have lost their parents- hooking them up with older people with no kids of their own. That would of suited me better.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 17-04-2017 at 15:53.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (17-04-2017),rosey82  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the baby stage where they can't talk back, have attitude or think they're 8 going on 18 . I was really lucky too, my 4 girls all slept 12-14 hours over night and happy little things during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved it, I love being a mum, don't love the answering back, the ungratefulness and the yelling (teen girls ) love love babies, wish I could raise them til 2yrs then give them back lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

not particularly but i think i put a lot of pressure on myself plus no immediate family or close friends near by so that made the days feel long and lonely (after dh went back to work).

ds is 13m old now and it's hard but in different ways. he requires more active attention now as he's into everything. will be so good once he can talk and communicate with us. i'm not looking forward to toilet training lol.
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 17-04-2017 at 18:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love babies. I loved the baby stage. My eldest is now 7, and my youngest 3 and I have loved every stage so far.
    Each had its own challenges and rewards. But I loved the baby stage because they are just there all the time. You whisk they up and have them with you all the time. Plus, they love to snuggle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me, the newborn stage is awful. All 3 of mine didn't sleep, breastfeeding was painful and stressful and I was dead tired all the time. By 6 months I'm more in a groove, but honestly I like it best when they turn 2. Whilst the tantrums can be challenging they are just so darn cute. My DS2 is almost 2 and a half and honestly he's so delicious I could just eat him up. The cute way they say things, how much they love you, the way they find joy from the smallest things - it's the best.

Thanks
    Reviews

----/
    Last edited by MyDino; 17-04-2017 at 18:03.

Thanks
    Reviews

I also find it so painful baby wise just going out. Nappies, drink, clothes, food, stroller..... having to manage their naps, where will they sleep etc

It's nice not to have to think about those things. We are visiting friends tomorrow and I don't have to worry about timing it around dd2 napping (plus where will she sleep?) as it's no longer the end of the world if she skips a nap or goes down later in the car.

I find all that stuff stressful and juggling baby stuff is not enjoyable at all!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-04-2017),Angelhearts  (22-04-2017),Renn  (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not little newborn no. With DD I found the days boring as I waited for her to do something and the nights awful as I suffered post natal anxiety with her that had me down to a few hours of sleep on a *good* night. For the most part she was a lovely little thing and very easy so I didn't hate it. Just didn't really like it. DS was a bit different in that he was much harder and much more demanding. I actively disliked his very young baby stage,

I like the sitting up but not crawling stage. They are such curious and funny little creatures at that age and they STAY PUT!!!