+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    Thanks, Im okay about it, a blighted ovum was never going to develop into a baby, so it doesnt feel as bad as if you actually had a little beating heart in an ultrasound, this just didnt have the stuff required to develop. So I'm okay.
    Im more worried about deciding what to do about it. I really dont want to wait it out because it is rather unpleasant and you never know when it is going to hit (could be mid grocery shop at Coles, or on the school run) and I cant just sit at home for the next 3 to 4 weeks. Really i want this all over, but I've read the miscarriage forum about D&C's and that sounds super scary and invasive.
    I've had a D&C, and had no issues. Mine was done with ultrasound guidance to make sure nothing was missed. I had no pain afterwards and minimal bleeding

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry that you're in this position - it's not nice at all.

I just wanted to second what others have said and reassure you - I had a D&C for a blighted ovum about 5 years ago, and it really was fine. It's done under a GA and really quick. I was given painkillers for afterwards but didn't need them - just had what felt like a lightish period, no pain. Psychologically, I found it a relief to know it was all done and over with, and I didn't have to worry about when and where it would happen naturally.

Best wishes with whatever you decide to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Rachel3072
    how are you feeling? Have you decided what your going to do?
    hope all is well xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happyfrog For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    Hi @Rachel3072
    how are you feeling? Have you decided what your going to do?
    hope all is well xxx
    Well it turns out that in these situations the worst ever thing to do is to google. I am totally fine. Yesterday I was cramping on and off all day, had a bad headache and took some panadol, then at about 4pm, thankfully post school pick ups, I felt a bit of cramping and thought a hot shower would help, passed what I assume was the sac, which was about the size of a fist. Bit yuck. Got out of the shower and felt SO MUCH BETTER. no more cramps, which were a bit uncomfortable, but nowhere near as dramatic as I'd read on google. My headache was gone and now I Just feel like I have AF. I have to remind myself that it isnt AF.
    So although I'm sad this time didnt work out, I dont feel that upset because it wasnt ever going to develop being a blighted ovum, and now I'm just planning to start over asap and hope for the best. I feel very grateful to have got through without a huge drama. I was honestly expecting a huge drama, so my main emotion now is RELIEF.
    Thanks for asking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I glad the pain wasn't to bad. I have read horror stories too.
    Do you need to go for an ultrasound to be sure there's nothing left? Or is it like AF that it should all go? Sorry was just wondering

8. The Following User Says Thank You to happyfrog For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not really sure. Im waiting for my gp to get back to me after leaving him a message yesterday before it all 'happened'. I feel totally fine, so Im pretty sure I'd feel unwell if there was residual stuff. Everything seems to be exiting fine. lol. I think I will probably just wait it out now, then wait for one normal cycle then try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad it wasn't to bad Hun. What you described for the shower was very similar to me when I have a blighted ovum. I felt sooo much better afterwards. It's strange how the body works. Just remember the fact that it happened shouldn't deter you from trying again

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Glad it wasn't to bad Hun. What you described for the shower was very similar to me when I have a blighted ovum. I felt sooo much better afterwards. It's strange how the body works. Just remember the fact that it happened shouldn't deter you from trying again
    I have had a blighted ovum before about 10 years ago. Im definitely not deterred from trying again, planning to asap. In a way I am sort of relieved that my body recognises when something isnt right and takes action.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rachel3072 hugs again to you. Speaking as someone that's had a few miscarriages, it does sound as though the worst of the physical side is over for you. If the bleeding gets heavier or stops for a few days and restarts or you start passing a lot of tissue it would definitely be worth getting checked out. It may also take 6 weeks or more for you to get a period so if you get worried, have a scan and or a blood test to see what's going on.I know you have other kids to look after but I hope you get a chance to look after yourself. I'm really sorry this has happened, take care!
    Last edited by Deskar; 20-04-2017 at 14:12.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Deskar For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (20-04-2017)