+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rachel3072 sorry the news sounds so bad. Please take care of yourself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deskar For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    Well I went to the hospital, sat there for pretty much 4 hours, which I expected. They did bloodwork and my HCG levels are at 11,000. That doesnt sound high enough for 9 weeks pregnant (well according to Google). The nurse wouldnt comment on whether or not it was high enough. I got the anti-D, so that is good, and they couldnt scan, which i expected they wouldnt, but have sent a referral to radiology for tomorrow morning, so hopefully they can scan me tomorrow. Im not feeling very confident. The bleeding hasnt stopped and now I am passing clots, so I think I'm pretty much stuffed. I feel a bit stupid now for getting my hopes up, seriously wish I hadnt told anyone at 8weeks, I know the odds arent good for a 43 year old and the doctor at the hospital was already talking like it was a done deal even without the scan tomorrow. I do have other children and I am grateful for that. I have never had a miscarriage or any problems, although I did have a blighted ovum once in the past, but I dont really count that because those never can become a baby. I just feel sad and also so annoyed that now I have to head back to the TTC thread when this pregnancy took me five months of clomid to conceive.
    So sorry to hear X

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone. I am just hoping a little but I really dont think my HCG at 11,000 is really very good for 9 weeks, so preparing for the worst really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Rachel! I hope everything is ok. I did read that from week 8 onwards the placenta slowly starts to take over and hcg starts to drop slowly.

I hope things do work out. Please keep us posted.

If you havent had a scan..id still go and get one done just in case. Ive read of women having massive bleeds and bubs being ok.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simil For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I am going for a scan today, just waiting for them to phone me with a time. Not feeling terribly optimistic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it was a blighted ovum, so no baby, just sac. And now I just have to wait... I've had one before about 10 years ago, and it is a pain in the butt because it can take until 12 or 13 weeks to resolve. Trying to decide between that and the D&C but thinking I will just wait it out. Last time it wasnt painful or anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry to hear that Rachel ❤️ hugs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simil For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachel, so sorry for your loss

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Deskar For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, Im okay about it, a blighted ovum was never going to develop into a baby, so it doesnt feel as bad as if you actually had a little beating heart in an ultrasound, this just didnt have the stuff required to develop. So I'm okay.
    Im more worried about deciding what to do about it. I really dont want to wait it out because it is rather unpleasant and you never know when it is going to hit (could be mid grocery shop at Coles, or on the school run) and I cant just sit at home for the next 3 to 4 weeks. Really i want this all over, but I've read the miscarriage forum about D&C's and that sounds super scary and invasive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    Thanks, Im okay about it, a blighted ovum was never going to develop into a baby, so it doesnt feel as bad as if you actually had a little beating heart in an ultrasound, this just didnt have the stuff required to develop. So I'm okay.
    Im more worried about deciding what to do about it. I really dont want to wait it out because it is rather unpleasant and you never know when it is going to hit (could be mid grocery shop at Coles, or on the school run) and I cant just sit at home for the next 3 to 4 weeks. Really i want this all over, but I've read the miscarriage forum about D&C's and that sounds super scary and invasive.
    I've had two natural MC, the second one didn't completely clear so I had a d&c. I really found the d&c process to be fine. I wasn't scared and it was much 'nicer' (if that's possible) than naturally MC.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (19-04-2017)