+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 9 week, bleeding and freaking out a bit

I m 9 weeks, of course it is Easter Monday and I live in a rural town so NOWHERE is open except the hospital which is on skeleton staff with no radiology available.
    I woke up at 4am to bright red blood and now Im freaking out. I am also Rh negative so any bleeding in pregnancy needs an anti D shot within 72hours.

Im not sure what to do...

-There are no doctors surgeries open due to the public holiday.
    -The hospital will make me sit there for 5 hours while they call someone in and there is no radiology open anyway until tomorrow so it isn't like they can scan
    -I have nobody to mind the other children today because hubby is 3 hours away and my only other babysitter is in the city with her grandchildren. There is the dreaded MIL, but she is horrible and I dont want her even knowing I am pregnant yet, especially when this could all be nothing.

Of course, Ive scanned the internet for first trimester bleeding and it has come up with mixed results. Some sites saying it is common and not to worry. But this ISNT my first pregnancy and I have never had bleeding in first trimester before, so it isnt 'normal' for me. I dont have any cramping (yet).

Any advice? Should I just wait it out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I would wait the 5hours in hospital. No other advice hun, I hope everything is ok. Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Constanceprice For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it were me I'd go to the hospital and wait to be seen. Rather be safe than sorry. Goodluck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. I think I will go check out A&E and see if it is crammed with old people inventing health issues on the public holiday so they can have some attention and a chat.
    If it isnt, which is very rare in a rural town, then I'll see if there is anything they can do to reassure me, or if they suggest trying to get into a GP tomorrow (also very hard to do in a rural town) or if they suggest coming back tomorrow morning when radiology is at least open.
    It is a small hospital, so anything serious they helicopter out to Melbourne. That is why they wing it with skeleton staff, usually 1st year out doctors, a worry in itself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you go to hospital and they are unable to do ultrasound I'd say the only thing they could offer if a blood test to check your levels and then compare with a repeat.
    Personally I would wait. I totally understand your predicament, I would be in exactly he same boat as you. I however don't need an anti D shot during pregnancy so I don't know much about that.
    I've had 4 pregnancies, 2 resulted in children and I have bled in all of them. I freak out and worry but have always found that without ultrasound there's not too much they can do.
    I hope you get some answers though, it's a really tough time X

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    If you go to hospital and they are unable to do ultrasound I'd say the only thing they could offer if a blood test to check your levels and then compare with a repeat.
    Personally I would wait. I totally understand your predicament, I would be in exactly he same boat as you. I however don't need an anti D shot during pregnancy so I don't know much about that.
    I've had 4 pregnancies, 2 resulted in children and I have bled in all of them. I freak out and worry but have always found that without ultrasound there's not too much they can do.
    I hope you get some answers though, it's a really tough time X
    Thanks and yes that is what I am thinking, if they cant scan not sure it is worth sitting there for 5 hours with kids in tow, just to have a blood test. I havent actually seen anyone yet about this pregnancy because I was waiting until after the school holidays.
    This is one of the only times I wish I lived in the city where staff are just there regardless of public holidays. How ridiculous is it that there is not one doctors surgery open.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd go to hospital mention that you have been bleeding this should also get you in faster, well you'd think it would. Fingers X all is healthy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Surely have someone they can call for such emergencies in regards to a scan? I am thinking of you and hope all is ok. Try not to stress as some bleeding can be ok as long as it does t continue. I had anti D several times with my youngest as I bleed a bit she was born at 27 weeks and is 7 tomorrow!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to my3girls85 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rachel3072 when you go to hospital tell them about the anti-d when you book in. You may get lucky and they can do your bloods and maybe even give you a shot without too much waiting. My fingers are crossed for you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Deskar For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I went to the hospital, sat there for pretty much 4 hours, which I expected. They did bloodwork and my HCG levels are at 11,000. That doesnt sound high enough for 9 weeks pregnant (well according to Google). The nurse wouldnt comment on whether or not it was high enough. I got the anti-D, so that is good, and they couldnt scan, which i expected they wouldnt, but have sent a referral to radiology for tomorrow morning, so hopefully they can scan me tomorrow. Im not feeling very confident. The bleeding hasnt stopped and now I am passing clots, so I think I'm pretty much stuffed. I feel a bit stupid now for getting my hopes up, seriously wish I hadnt told anyone at 8weeks, I know the odds arent good for a 43 year old and the doctor at the hospital was already talking like it was a done deal even without the scan tomorrow. I do have other children and I am grateful for that. I have never had a miscarriage or any problems, although I did have a blighted ovum once in the past, but I dont really count that because those never can become a baby. I just feel sad and also so annoyed that now I have to head back to the TTC thread when this pregnancy took me five months of clomid to conceive.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (09-09-2017)