+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I also checked the Xytex sperm donor site that you used, unfortunately they had a bad review as follows: Xytex Lawsuit: 3 Families Sue Sperm Bank Because Donor Allegedly Has Schizophrenia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They are a huge sperm bank so you are going to expect at least one unhappy customer. All sperm banks or donations are based on voluntary disclosure of medical conditions.. So this could happen anywhere. I would not let this put you off. They have a great system to enable you to connect with your future child's half siblings before 18 if you and others wish.. Which others don't have. This is far more important to me and the reason I chose Xytex. Good luck with your decision.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Pet  (13-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with @kylie764. if there is a great number of customers, the chance of negative feedback is typically higher. Faced the same issue while choosing a clinic for myself. hundreds of couples a year, one by one and inevitably someone is not satisfied. I have tratment in Ukraine and egg donation is allowed there with no age or marital status limits. The cost for IVF with donor eggs is one of the lowest in Europe and the world and success rates are pretty high. eggdonation friends website has info on international fertility destinations, including Czech, Spain, Greece and Ukraine of course. I find the resource pretty useful. Luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am single, now 43. I used CFC and saw Dr Matebese, she is lovely. I used donor egg through Nurture, donor sperm through CFC too.
    I went over July 2016 for fist O/S donor egg try after 8 x failed try's of my own eggs, 3 donor egg transfers with my half sisters eggs, 2 failed, 1 x 8 week miscarriage.
    My first attempt with Dr Matebese was a success. I now have a beautiful 7 month old baby girl. I am just in the process of deciding to go back again for a sibling. I had 2 fresh embryos transferred, only 1 took. Zero to freeze. I was my donors 5th and final recipient, or so I was told at the time, all 4 ladies before me were lucky to have 2 transferred with 8 frozen. Then just after my daughter was born I emailed dr & Danelle, her nurse, about finding out about sibling donor, and was told my donor was currently doing her 6th and final donation in May 2017. I was shattered by the misinformation!! I then looked up the legislation and there is a clause where the Dept of Health can approve a donation for sibling purpose only, tried that and recently found out they rejected the application even though the beautiful donor was willing and agreed to donate for me!
    Now I am just in the research phase for looking for a new egg donor, I am yet to find out if I can have the same sperm donor. I am holding to head back in January/February 2018 to try for a sibling.
    I cannot recommend dr Matebese enough.
    Cape Town is beautiful, travelling alone there was different, my third trip there, the first two times were as a tourist for safaris and bungee jumping & shark swim for my 41st birthday with my dad. Little did I know at the time id be back 8 months later to get my baby. Even though it was different, I had no issues. You just have to be wise. Venture out during the day, and not so much at night. I felt safe at night not being alone, but didn't when I was alone. I pretty much just used the hotel restaurants for dinner or had a very early dinner and snack/desert later.
    Total cost for Nurture agency, donors travel expenses of $2k aud, donor and my treatment, drugs in Australia & SA, 2 weeks car hire, accomodation (I spent half of that at the Westin) all spending money (that also included $800Aud on pandora charms to mark the occasion, just in case it worked) and airfare (return was premium economy-I figured if I had an extra on board, I needed to come back comfortably) was just under $15K AUD. My out of pocket expenses for one donor cycle in Australia WITH Medicare rebate cost me just under $11K and that didn't include a 2 week relaxing holiday.
    I just had the cost rundown emailed to me today form CFC and it is R75000 + R3000 for sperm. On today's exchange rate it is just under $7200 aud. obviously + airfare, accom, expenses, agency fee and possible travel costs. At first I didn't want to spend $2k on travel expenses for the donor, just go with someone local to Cape Town to be a donor, but now I am glad that my donor was able to have a nearly 2 week holiday in Cape Town. For every thing she went through for me, I'd pay it again and more. I certainly got the better end result.

If you choose CFC, or wherever, good luck. I hope you get the chance (and everyone else on this long and hard journey) to have a beautiful baby or babies.

If anyone will be heading over around the same time, I would be willing to share accomodation if the dates cross over if you want to personal message me. I know they have 2 bedroom self contained accomodation over there. There are also some cheap hotels not far from the clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee I haven’t been on this thread in a long time and a lot has changed since then! I talked with Dr Matebese and ended up going with Nikos Kanakas in Athens back in June and it was successful first go! I have quite a fat belly now and lots of kicking and squirming. Nearly 24w. Good @Petec74. I hope you are successful on your next trip. I chose Greece over SA for a couple of reasons including having been to both and wanting a warm relaxing holiday in the middle of our winter rather than being in Cape Town in winter and I instantly clicked with Nikos. Both doctors have rave reviews but Nikos just felt like the right match and so many ladies talking about him. I can’t agree more - he is a very special bloke and has given so many people babies they might never have had. Good luck to you all.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellybeen For This Useful Post:

Petec74  (12-12-2017),Phia  (11-12-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad things are going well for you. Things have changed for me too.. I have a 4 month old little girl conceived thanks to cfc in Cape Town. Off the ivf merri go round!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Petec74  (12-12-2017),Phia  (11-12-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jellybeen so happy everything is going well for you! Not long to go now - hope you pop by the Greece thread when bubba arrives. Wishing you a safe and speedy rest of your pregnancy