+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I will have to touch base with the clinic first but not before July or (most likely) August as my husband and I cant get leave before then. I suppose it all also depends on finding the right donor too. Good luck with making your decision. Regardless of which country you choose, one thing I've learnt is that most people have overwhelmingly positive experiences going overseas for treatment. You seem to get more personal service, and feel less like a number.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jellybean, I'm currently nearly 10 weeks pregnant from and egg donor in Greece.
    We saw Dr Nikos Kanakas at Embryoland and I can't even begin to tell you how pleased we are with the care we received. This was the most positive experience we had. After 3 failed ivf rounds and 3 miscarriages, this is the furthest we have ever gotten.
    I wish you all the best in your journey

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

jellybeen  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been to SA three times for donor eggs .. And had Xytex sperm shipped from the usa as I wanted to use the same sperm for both my kids.. I have a 3 yr old using own eggs and donor sperm. First trip.. Stayed approx 10 days. Second trip stayed 4 night .. Bfp but ended in s mc. Third trip.. Stayed 4 nights.. Bfp and 24 weeks pregnant. My visits were short because I left my toddler at home with grandparents.. Otherwise would have stayed longer. I have been to SA 7 times now and enjoy my time there.. Lots of stuff to do.. Very scenic and ok to travel around as a single traveller. Cheap yummy food and great to incorporate visits to game parks if you have never been on safari. SA has some of the best wildlife viewing in all of Africa. I have travelled extensively in Africa before toddler came and recommend SA for the variety of things to do and see despite the concerns over safety. If you are sensible though.. You will be fine. I had a hire car and drove all over and this makes things very easy. Message me if you have any questions. I used DR H at CFC and was monitored by Wazza in Oz.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, here is the list of overseas clinics that offer egg donation treatment for single ladies - egg donation singles Hope this helps. x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bluewater2 For This Useful Post:

jellybeen  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am in the same boat as you and also applied at the clinic in Czech to find out its illegal for single women.

Monash have an agreement with the The World Egg Bank in US where as you choose your donor they then ship the frozen eggs over and Monash do the rest, however after attending a counselling session yesterday and seeing my FS he suggested that I go to South Africa to a clinic called Cape Fertility which would be much cheaper. And my FS at Monash would co ordinate the pre treatment i.e. stim drugs for the uterus, scans and blood tests before I went over!

So am in the process of researching this but would like your feedback on your thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jellybean

I am also from Melbourne and changed from Melbourne IVF to Monash IVF and my FS recommended Cape Fertility too (wonder if its the same FS) I am researching which would be better and came up with a site eggdonationfriends.com the give you a list of 19 top IVF donor clinics and their ratings and costs. There are two in Spain with good ratings:

IVF Spain Alcante Euro 5,900 (excl receipient meds) 10 eggs guarantee 3.5 Embryo guarantee
    Barcelona IVF Euro 6,980 (excl receipient meds) all eggs gurantee
    Cape Facility Euro 5,200 (excl receipient meds)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most Aussie women are either going to Cape Fertility in Cape Town or Greece. I went to Cape Fertility in Cape Town. There are 3 Dr there.. I saw dr H and Dr LR. Success rates are over 60%. Cost was about $10000 per cycle.. But may be more if you use donor sperm( I shipped in 2 vials of Xytex sperm from US at a cost of $3000) .. So both my Bubs are half siblings. Local Anonymous donor sperm is however available. Going back for frozen transfers is approx $800. Main diff between greece and SA is in SA you chose your ED.. But in Greece.. Dr chooses for you. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kylie764

Thank you for the information. I have had lots of good feedback from Cape Fertility so will probably go with them, especially as you can choose your ED.

Cheers
    Weybridge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Be sure to check with the Dr at cfc if they recommend thd donor you select or better still is to get them to recommend one. Often the agencies will say the donor is proven.. But you want to know specifically from the dr how many made it to blast stage out of eggs picked up and how was the quality. You can then assume you should have a similar amount provided sperm used is good quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kylie 764, really appreciate this info........So much to look into as I want to get it right and not have to keep going back and fourth. I am looking into airfares at the moment!