+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ya I do miss the bigger debates.

I think people can get passionate and argumentative WITHOUT being personal.
    Yes someone may take it personally, that happens with text, but actually name-calling and bringing up past details etc... That's not part of a true debate/discussion.

I think I know who you mean and genuinely had no idea she was gone lol
    I agreed with a lot of her points but not the way she posted- e.g I am against leaving kids in cars but wouldn't tell someone they were a (insert swear word) for doing it. I would just say "ya I just wouldn't take the risk".

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-04-2017),HollyGolightly81  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    It's because (A certain member- name deleted by moderator) got kicked out and banned (text deleted by moderator)As she often had the less popular opinion on topics, it seemed to rub people up the wrong way.

See you have to have black, white and grey when discussing topics because without it there really is no discussion.....
    The complaints about bubhub being boring have been going on for about a year. Said member has only been gone a couple months.

Many of us have been on the hub for years with that member, she started off really offensive, then toned down a bit and would go back and forth. It's pretty fair what happened considering things that have been said in the past and started to again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (17-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I love a good robust discussion myself. And I like that this thread is peacefully discussing where BH is at at the moment.

Can we please just remember:

We cannot mention other parenting forums on BH. BH is a business and it's like giving them free advertising.

We cannot discuss moderating decisions on the forum- this includes "wonderings" or "thinking out loud" etc. If you would like clarification on a point, please PM your friendly local mod. (But keep in mind there are some things we cannot discuss with you, such as why someone might have been banned- if indeed they were-, or if they left and why.)

We cannot "gossip" about members past or present. For context, we can say "gee I miss Mod-Nomsie, she was a great forum member, always so balanced, fair and damn wise!" but we can't say "Thank god @Mod-Myztik hasn't been on in a while, she was a real PITA" (And that, in case you didn't all realise, was tongue in cheek. I love Myztik and she hasn't been on because she is a newly-wed, so ner! )

By all means continue this discussion- don't let me be the thread killer (no, seriously, don't let me be the thread killer!!)
    Ooops!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha...I spent many hours debating on here! There were reasons I won awards for debating at school LOL. Surely the vaccination thread still has debates. Can anyone remember some good ones? I remember a few. ..the how much money do you have in your bank account right now? Was a good one. ..Some people where so offended. But happy to share their favorite s.ex position LOL. I simply don't have the energy these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Haha...I spent many hours debating on here! There were reasons I won awards for debating at school LOL. Surely the vaccination thread still has debates. Can anyone remember some good ones? I remember a few. ..the how much money do you have in your bank account right now? Was a good one. ..Some people where so offended. But happy to share their favorite s.ex position LOL. I simply don't have the energy these days.
    Some of the oldies used to do the rounds with a different one each week. I haven't seen a heated debate about these for a while...

Circumcision
    Abortion
    Formula feeding
    Cloth nappies
    Vaccinations

Petrol one has been up recently but not as much as it used to.

Parents with pram parking also makes an occasional appearance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    must say the hub is really quiet lately. i posted pretty hardcore last year then took a bit of a break but have started browsing again now, for no particular reason. all the threads that seem most densely populated are the ivf threads, following by the DIGs. i'm finding it hard to maintain interest tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Just wondering why people got so offended in a thread about how much they had in the bank?

Circumcision threads often seem to get pretty fiery.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (18-04-2017)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    things get heated quite often over something you dont expect. Just like coversations IRL - discussion on here often veers into another direction

it can be fun - but it can get nasty unexpectedly too.

I do miss the discussion - but not the contraversy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always get a bit of a giggle with the threads where somebody has been spotted in Maccas using free wifi without a purchase .... not even a soft serve .... for shame ....

Causes strong reactions from some posters !!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

amyd  (19-04-2017),binnielici  (19-04-2017),Lanabananah  (19-04-2017),Mod-Myztik  (19-04-2017),Mod-Nomsie  (19-04-2017),TheGooch  (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    must say the hub is really quiet lately. i posted pretty hardcore last year then took a bit of a break but have started browsing again now, for no particular reason. all the threads that seem most densely populated are the ivf threads, following by the DIGs. i'm finding it hard to maintain interest tbh.
    This. I enjoy conversation and debate with people with different ideas and opinions....and it's all pretty bland lately to be honest. It probably doesn't help that my children are older now so my interest in baby/toddler stuff has waned, but I still come onto the hub to for relaxation and entertainment, and to explore issues for older kids more. I must admit I miss some of the more controversial hubbers...