ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    This is why there is no controversy on bh anymore...I am walking away from the above post...yikes
    I still can't quite decide if it was said in jest or seriously.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (19-04-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Oh back in the day 07/08 my second child was just born. I'd had huge bfing issues with both kids and I really had tried. I remember being in tears one night after a particularly nasty anti formula thread where the word poison was consistently thrown around, and got my one and only warning in all the time I've been here for telling one lactivist she was sanctimonious lol

It took me a long time to get to the point where I give these type of women the proverbial bird and know the issue lies with their intense need to bolster their own sense of self worth, not me.

You will always get the Sanctimummys, no matter what forum, or what medium you use.
    I think both sides of the fence could be pretty nasty. I remember a new member that was pregnant posting after she went to an ABA class to learn about breastfeeding and was so excited about it, I'm pretty sure she signed off crying and never came back. Stuff like that happened a few times, I felt like it wasn't allowed to speak positively about breastfeeding when I first joined for ages.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (20-04-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    omfg i put our bins in tonight and noticed some douche had left 2 doggy poop bags in there!! i was so angry! a week in my garage and that sh!t stinks!! argh! hate idiotic dog walkers and their stupid dogs!! take your dog poo hold with you!!
    Well that escalated quickly! 🤣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    The "Oh dear" or the dog poo post?

The oh dear was entirely in jest...because I took the dog poo post to be entirely serious...but maybe it's a joke? I dunno...I just find it really funny that people (general people ☺) take stuff so seriously. And in the context of the thread it's bloody hilarious... But then I'm so laid back I'm almost flat most of the time. Or maybe it was an intentional irony...haha

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Full House  (20-04-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    The "Oh dear" or the dog poo post?

The oh dear was entirely in jest...because I took the dog poo post to be entirely serious...but maybe it's a joke? I dunno...I just find it really funny that people (general people ☺) take stuff so seriously. And in the context of the thread it's bloody hilarious... But then I'm so laid back I'm almost flat most of the time. Or maybe it was an intentional irony...haha
    The dog poo post. Your oh dear gave me a giggle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Based on some other posts I think we have a member who wants to stir things up too provide themselves with entertainment. So who knows if it was a serious post or not. I am too busy to be the source of entertainment though.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Californication  (20-04-2017),gingermillie  (20-04-2017),HollyGolightly81  (20-04-2017),TheGooch  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I see so many old usernames from years ago. (Formerly MonsterMoosMum). I must say I've only been back a day but damn its quieter then it used to be. I remember full blown debates and posts that made bubhub feel like you were sharing a house with close mates. Good times. Sure some of the threads would get out of hand but I think for the most part it wasn't too bad. :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 574c3y4nn3 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I certainly wasn't wandering back in saying the hub was boring Just curious about how much quieter it's become. I'm sorry if it came off as a criticism; I just honestly do miss the lively debate and discussions. I was shocked to log back in and see very few discussions outside of advice type posts(which are totally fine of course!)

I don't think I have a clue who you're all talking about in terms of the member who must not be named, it's a shame they seem to have left such a bitter taste.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm so exhausted that I don't have the brain power to participate properly most of the time now lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Phony  (22-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's all ebbs and flows isn't it.

Transient.

Lots of new members lately and they probably feel a little reluctant to join in some of the heavier discussions because, in fairness, we can cut to the chase pretty fast for whatever reason.
    Can be a bit daunting if you're dipping a toe, so to speak.