+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I'd leave her in while she's safe and happy. I moved ds about a month ago into cot converted toddler bed cos he was climbing out with a sleeping bag (could walk very well in one), and he's 3 next week. We're moving house over the next week so will go into his king single then. Most children don't have the impulse control to stay in bed all night until closer to 3. Why mess with something that isn't broken?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sjk For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (15-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We moved DS from the cot into the bed when he was about 21 months. For about 3 months before then, we just had the side of the cot off. Mainly because it was easier on us not having to lean over to settle him in the cot. I'm really pleased we moved him when we did. But we stay in with him until he's asleep and so while sometimes he'd be wild and in and out of bed, other times we are able to keep him in there quite well

We kept in in a sleeping bag after he moved into a bed. Both of my kids have learnt to do a walking shuffle in their sleeping bags. That's probably because its so cold here that we would usually pop them in front of a book/tv for a while when they first wake up and so they'd stay warm.

If she's sleeping well in the cot, I'd be inclined to keep her there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also put a baby gate on the door to DD room.. To keep her in her room.. But now in the morning.. She just stays in her bed anyway.. Playing with her dolls and doesn't even think about getting out in the morning. She is 3 in August.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    We were fully expecting nights of her climbing out but she's only done that about three times...she even sits and waits for us to go in there in the morning she sits there calling that she's awake!!
    My DD exactly She was 4 before she got out & climbed in our bed of a morning!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to frankie46 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We gave our son the option to sleep in the big bed but if he mucked around or got out he went straight to the cot. He went back and forth a few times but eventually he would ask for the big bed and stay there. He was much older though. We started the transition when he was almost three and then he wasn't fully into the bed until well after 3.5.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    An update on my thread from a couple of months ago.
    We left DD in her cot and didn't try putting her in the bed again. A few weeks ago she was unzipping and pulling her sleeping bag off so I was worried she was going to climb the cot and fall out so about 2.5 weeks ago we took the side off her cot and put the rail on to convert it to toddler bed. It's been a great success! She absolutely loves the independence of getting in bed by herself and gets in a lot during the day to play with her dolly as she loves her bed so much lol. So far it hasn't changed her sleeping at all and she has never gotten out by herself overnight. She still waits for us to come in in the morning too so that's great!
    We have the ergopouch convertible sleeping bags so have converted them so sleep suits so if she does get up she can safely get out and walk around.
    From here we will just let her decide when she wants to move from the toddler bed to the big bed.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (21-06-2017),JustJaq  (21-06-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (21-06-2017),SSecret Squirrel  (21-06-2017),Tiny Dancer  (21-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you ladies who transitioned to big bed put a rail on the side.
    My daughter who has been I toddler bed for over 12 months will be getting a big girls bed for her 3rd birthday next month.
    I wasn't planning on putting a bed rail on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmMumma View Post
    My daughter who has been I toddler bed for over 12 months will be getting a big girls bed for her 3rd birthday next month.
    I think it depends how much they move around. My dd is only 2 but she still rolls around all over her bed in her sleep so when she moves from the toddler bed to king single soonish we'll move the bed rail over (it was on the king single previously so we moved it onto her cot when we took the side off). At 3 she might have enough awareness not to fall out but if you often find her up against the sides of the toddler bed I would probably use a bed rail for a few months just in case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmm I might be safe I reckon then @gingermillie
    I guess we can only wait and see. But we tuck her in so maybe that will help x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmMumma View Post
    Yes. We moved DD (just turned 2) a couple of weeks ago and put up a rail. She would have fallen out otherwise. We found her one morning half hanging out the gap between the rail and the headboard with her head resting on the bedside table. Yikes! We moved the rail forward after that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (22-06-2017)