+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sore breasts?

Has anyone had any experience with sore breasts that's not hormonal or pregnancy related?
    I've had one extremely sore breast (and the other is tender but less severe) for about 6-8 weeks. It's so sore it hurts if I gently run up my hallway and my boobs bounce a bit in my bra. I have to hold my boobs if I run after dd in the house. It is seriously excruciating if dd bumps me. It's eye watering pain.
    I'm not pregnant.
    It hurts deep behind the nipple.
    It's not hormonal as it is constant and I'm on the pill (6+ months).
    I always wear a bra during the day that's comfortable and supportive (berlei is my brand of choice).
    I thought dd may have kicked me hard in the chest and hurt the soft tissue (she's pretty rough) so the past 4 weeks at least I have consciously protected myself from her and her bumps and kicks as it is soooo painful but it hasn't improved if anything it's getting worse
    GP couldn't feel any obvious lumps and is sending me for an ultrasound next week. I have a strong family history of breast cancer but I'm not too worried about that as pain is generally not a marker.
    I just have no idea what's causing it but I am so sick of it hurting so much so I'm hoping for a positive story!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've had very sore breasts before. Didn't know why but not long after I came down with a bad flu. I wonder if that's what it was. But in your case after so long, I think you're doing the right thing having an ultrasound. Are they also going to do a mammogram?
    Just as a side, Have you had the genetic testing done for the BRCA gene? If you have a family history, it might be worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @TheGooch The GP said a mammogram wouldn't be useful because of my age and density of my breasts.
    None of us have had BRCA as there are 3 breast cancers in my family and one is definitely not genetic not sure about the other 2.
    The GP did mention it might be an inflamed milk duct. I had a lot of trouble with blocked ducts the whole time while BF (fed for 14 months stopped 7 months ago) so that wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sore breasts?

I'm overseas and here they recommend you get regular ultrasounds, so when you go get a Pap smear they tell you it's a good idea to get the ultrasound too, this is when your too young for the mammogram.
    So perhaps that's something you could get done.

ETA- I've had an ultrasound once, it takes quite a while because they cover a large area, like all the way to your armpit, but maybe it just felt like it took forever because the persons right their in your face so it's a little awkward.
    Last edited by sparklebug; 13-04-2017 at 21:34.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (13-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would think an infected duct would have gotten better or worse (systemic infection, flu symptoms etc) in 6 weeks. Plus I'd have thought it would be one side only.
    I had sore breasts a while back but it was after a virus and I had full ribcage pain which turned into breast pain then back pain. I had ultrasound done and my breasts were all clear and the doctor said my back pain was muscle tension.
    Maybe you have some cysts? New ones could cause pain.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KarmaJane For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (13-04-2017)