+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Miscarriage?? Please help

I had been diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 6 weeks 4 days my levels are still doubling I feel in my heart the doctors are wrong but yesterday I had light pink spotting then it stopped no cramping or anything anyone have any advice at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amberk1 View Post
    I had been diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 6 weeks 4 days my levels are still doubling I feel in my heart the doctors are wrong but yesterday I had light pink spotting then it stopped no cramping or anything anyone have any advice at all?

Yep, my advice is there is no harm in waiting.

I have had 2 pregnancies. With my first, I had a scan at 6 weeks and was told I had a blighted ovum. Repeated scans at 7 weeks and 8 weeks before feeling comfortable enough to arrange a D&C at 8 1/2 weeks.

Second (current) pregnancy I had an empty sac at 5w3d after having a bleed at 4w. Repeated the scan at 6w and was confirmed to be an empty sac again. At 6w3d and 7 weeks I had the scans done yet again but still no changes. No yolk sac, no fetal pole, no baby and no HB.

I was told to come back at 8 weeks to confirm it was ok to proceed with a D&C. Lo and behold, there was my baby with a HB of 163. I am currently 28 weeks along

My uterus is tilted and the radiologist said that was obscuring their views of baby. My HCG was also more than doubling within the correct time frame.

So yes. My advice is to wait it out until you are comfortable proceeding with a D&C. Don't let anyone push you into it before you are ready. Life is too short for regrets xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

JJZK  (13-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your advice. I had my first scan at 5 weeks and 4 days which revealed an empty sac then one at 6 weeks and 4 days with the same thing and as I said levels are doubling and still having vomiting from morning sickness on my scans my uterus wasn't tilted my doctor gave me the papers for the hospital for the DNC but I'm not ready as I believe in my heart and gut they are wrong but don't want to look stupid asking them for another s an when they have pretty much told me it's over. What would the light pink spotting be? I was worried it may be the start or natural miscarriage. Thank you again

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amberk1 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could be the start of a miscarriage or it could be you're one of the many women who bleed during pregnancy.

I have always been told that they can't see anything prior to 6wks to confirm viability so I'm surprised they made the call of a blighted ovum that early, especially when your HCG levels were doubling normally. I would definitely be getting another scan at 8wks before deciding on the D&C.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you I went to a different practice this morning they have done another blood test and a urgent ultrasound this afternoon as my hcg levels had in fact trippled so will see what the outcome is this afternoon thank you again for you help.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to amberk1 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck hun, I really hope you get your answers this afternoon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Light pink spotting can be from irritated cervix surface due to the hormones.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No advice but good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope it is a sticky one! 🤞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a blighted ovum quite a few years ago now, but I still remember it. I chose NOT to have the D&C and to just wait for things to naturally end. It took until 13 weeks. Then I was at home on the sofa one day and felt like something was 'happening'. I went and got in the shower and everything just all came out. It wasnt painful at all just like a few period cramps, but it was VERY unpleasant what came out, and I thanked my lucky stars that I was not at Coles doing the groceries at the time, because there was no holding anything in.
    My advice would be, have as many ultrasounds as you need to feel certain that there isnt a baby in the sac, but then take the D&C. If I ever had another blighted ovum I would not want to leave it to nature again. It is sad, yes, but a blighted ovum was never going to become a baby.