ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default No ultrasound yet, is it even real?

Hi everyone,

First, shout out to everyone who's struggling with terrible nausea, headaches, and all the other terrible feelings ... mine's getting better and I hope yours will soon.

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and I'm starting to feel a lot better. But at the same time, I put on weight early, and now I haven't put on more weight. I was feeling terribly sick and now I feel fine. At this point, I just don't feel like this is real.

I live overseas, and the way it works here is that I have to wait for an invitation from the hospital to come in for an ultrasound. I haven't received an invitation, and so now I just feel so ... empty. Is there a baby inside me? Is it alive? Will I get to have an ultrasound?

I guess there's nothing I can do but wait. I wish I could learn to be more patient.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OSmum2017 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (13-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel the same way. Im only 8 weeks and I am waiting for an ultrasound. Im hoping to have one next week but they are so busy and Im having trouble getting into a GP to get a referral (I live in a rural area). I dont feel sick AT ALL so I dont even really feel like I am pregnant. I will feel better when I've seen proof!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OSmum2017 View Post
    Hi everyone,

First, shout out to everyone who's struggling with terrible nausea, headaches, and all the other terrible feelings ... mine's getting better and I hope yours will soon.

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and I'm starting to feel a lot better. But at the same time, I put on weight early, and now I haven't put on more weight. I was feeling terribly sick and now I feel fine. At this point, I just don't feel like this is real.

I live overseas, and the way it works here is that I have to wait for an invitation from the hospital to come in for an ultrasound. I haven't received an invitation, and so now I just feel so ... empty. Is there a baby inside me? Is it alive? Will I get to have an ultrasound?

I guess there's nothing I can do but wait. I wish I could learn to be more patient.

If it's any consolation, I had no symptoms other than some mild cramping until late in my first trimester. I was always weeks and weeks behind what the books said I should be feeling!

I put on a total of 5.2kgs from the day I got pregnant up to week 26. I am now 28w4d pregnant and have lost weight - my total gain now is only 4.7kg. Bubs is still measuring a week ahead and thriving.

I know it's hard but try not to worry too much about the symptoms. I have every symptom in the book for my first pregnancy and that ended in MC....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

OSmum2017  (17-04-2017)