+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HighDweller Kazhazkidz

I see what you mean. We're still fresh and I want to know i've given it a good hard go. Stubborn. It is low he never paid support. It is low he doesn't pay people back. If I can try to get him to see that, change that, then we will be better off. Just hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenavieve2013 View Post
    I want to know how to motivate him, to show him that when your coupled you work together with the finances. And that me paying bills doesn't count as me spending money.
    Motivate him by saying - pay back the debt, get your sh*t together for your kids, or there is the door. And let the door stay shut!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (12-04-2017),Mum-I-Am  (12-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I see what you mean. We're still fresh and I want to know i've given it a good hard go. Stubborn. It is low he never paid support. It is low he doesn't pay people back. If I can try to get him to see that, change that, then we will be better off. Just hard.
    People only change if they want to. You can't make someone change because you want them to.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (12-04-2017),HillDweller  (12-04-2017),misho  (13-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thing is, he is an adult and it shouldn't be your job to get him to act like one. You are not his mother.

Why would he see that? Why would he change? He's never suffered any consequences for not paying debts back. In my experience, people who are that selfish will never see what you're wanting him to see.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

delirium  (12-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I should add, don't take our seemingly abrupt answers as nastiness. That isn't how it's intended. Think of us as the friends that will always tell you the truth no matter what. He is not going to change under the current conditions, be strong for your kids and dump his bags on the lawn until he stops acting like a kid.
    Last edited by delirium; 12-04-2017 at 17:32.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Delirium

I agree, I put it in a bit harsher words saying I suffered, now you should suffer to make it right. Going without food so your kids can eat is not a hard choice, its selfless. He thinks staying on the couch at a mates place is hard yakka, I was lucky to have a place to live.

He has seeked help for it, the addictions and is still fragile. So he can brush it off by saying it's making him feel like a drink.

I'm a very confronting person, and tell him straight to his face not to give me ****. Don't use that against me. And it's his choice weather he feels that's the only way, because he makes his own choices. I don't make anyone drink of do drugs, that's all on the individual

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I should add, don't take our seemingly abrupt answers as nastiness. That isn't how it's intended. Think of us as the friends that will always tell you the truth no matter what. He is not going to change under the current conditions, he strong for your kids and dump his bags on the lawn until he stops acting like a kid.
    Totally agree with delirium.

Apologies if my answers are abrupt, I've just been in such a similar situation and known others in the same situation. I've watched us all try so hard for years to change a selfish person and know where it ends up, every single time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ssecret Squirrl

We don't see anyone for us, yet
    But are going to. But going off other appointments he doesn't see his doing anything wrong. We see doctors for my DS and there amazing, but he feels a smack on the bum fixes problems. That took weeks for me to convince its hindering his problems, with a huge increase of lying and spitting, tantrums finally he saw results right there and then.

He misconstrues what's doctors or professionals say. And he is wrong, a lot. I try not to point it out too much but sometimes I just have to. His wrong so many times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Totally agree with delirium.

Apologies if my answers are abrupt, I've just been in such a similar situation and known others in the same situation. I've watched us all try so hard for years to change a selfish person and know where it ends up, every single time.
    I should. I really should. I don't want to feel like I have the upper hand but I do, because i've earnt itp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I should add, don't take our seemingly abrupt answers as nastiness. That isn't how it's intended. Think of us as the friends that will always tell you the truth no matter what. He is not going to change under the current conditions, be strong for your kids and dump his bags on the lawn until he stops acting like a kid.
    I like to the point, his a ****. He needs to grow up. His not in control, I am. He hasn't earnt my respect or the respect of people around him. It's a really bad cocky trait