ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had 3 inductions which started with the gel, all were first thing in the morning which is what I wanted. 2 out of 3 were short labours with bubbas born at midday and 5pm so had good sleeps ready to start the next day fresh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The Ob did say she will either get me in Wednesday night or Thursday morning depending I think on my cervix at my appointment Tuesday. My guess is overnight if I need the catheter and morning if she can get to my waters to break them?

Im counting down to my appointment as I have so many questions. Also feeling emotional about it all. Excited and scared all at once. At least when it's spontaneous you can't worry so much (or maybe that's just me).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    The Ob did say she will either get me in Wednesday night or Thursday morning depending I think on my cervix at my appointment Tuesday. My guess is overnight if I need the catheter and morning if she can get to my waters to break them?

Im counting down to my appointment as I have so many questions. Also feeling emotional about it all. Excited and scared all at once. At least when it's spontaneous you can't worry so much (or maybe that's just me).
    I get what you're saying but I guess in a way the induction will be a controlled environment which for me means less worry. Good to organise care for other children etc. it doesn't make it any less wonderful, exciting or special.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

Pearlygirl  (16-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I bet it was. We try to tell our women to have panadol and a sleeping tablet either mid afternoon or just after dinner (depending on time of their review). You'd be surprised how many people decline. They're usually the ones that complain the hardest about being tired and the inconvenience of being sent to birth suite in the middle of the night haha. Can't always win.
    I didn't decline but I wish I had! The gel brought on labour quickly and I felt like I was in a dream world from those sleeping pills. Then I had people later telling me I had it coming from being dumb enough to take sleeping pills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The gel is so different to the balloon though. The gel is more likely to stimulate the uterus as it's a synthetic hormone and uterine activity/hyperstimulation is one of the side effects/risks of having the gel. The balloon catheter won't do that. It may stimulate the body to naturally release hormones but it won't put you into labour like the gel can. To be fair, majority of the women who take a sleeping tablet have a good nights sleep. It's definitely the (very small) minority that go into full blown labour from the gel. And we only give one tablet. We don't give the maximum dose for the reasons mentioned above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the gel and hyperstimulated so I'm not much help sorry there sorry. I can tell you that I was similar in that I went into spontaneous labour with my first as well and I didn't find the experience of induction any 'less' than spontaneous labour was. Good luck to you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the tape put in on a Wednesday arvo, did nothing....1st lot of gel given Thursday morning, did nothing.....2nd lot of gel Thursday arvo, still nothing...3rd & last lot of gel Thursday night & contractions started 2am Friday morning. Our DD was born 2:45pm friday. If the last lot of gel didnt work i was going to have to have a c section but it finally worked. The only reason i had so much trouble was because my cervix is so high & was tilted to left so they were having trouble getting the gel close enough. Im sure u will do great...Goodluck xo
    Last edited by Butterflybabe; 17-04-2017 at 18:23.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me about induction

I just remembered with both my inductions neither baby was engaged at all, they were quite happily floating above the pelvic rim. I remember with the second they were a bit concerned about cord prolapse so waited to see if my waters would break on their own. They didn't but as it turned out her cord was really really short.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Pearlygirl  (18-04-2017)