+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand them still wanting to go but no they should stay home. It's not fair to their DS (he will be miserable & a lot harder to settle in a unfamiliar home). Not to mention the exposure to the other kids.

If I had someone (adult or child) show up as sick as your poor GS I would be absolutely fuming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't go. I agree with what has already been said. A child who is so sick should be staying at home. Taking him out will only make him more miserable and exhausted, and expose others to illnesses that are infectious and very likely to make others sick. If we had a guest turn up with a child who was that sick, I would be furious and tell them they couldn't come in.

Heck, when I was pregnant, we were invited to the birthday party of a child we know well and love to bits... and not told that this child has chicken pox. We found out from the grandparents. The parents said that it would be fine. My medical providers said don't risk it. We didn't go, and DH blasted them for it. It was months before we spoke to them again. I can hardly imagine welcoming such a sick child into my home knowing that there would be a strong chance of my children ending up sick - or myself and DH for that matter. Our response would be the same as the situation when I was pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way! Firstly, how awful for the poor little guy to be stuck in a car seat for 10 hours when he's feeling so sick and sore. Secondly, if someone brought their sick child to my house and exposed my kids to it I'd be furious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a no brainer really. Your kids are sick you stay home. I'd be pretty ****ed off if they came to me and my kids got sick from their own irresponsibility

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would keep my child home and not go. What do the hosts think about it? Are they happy to have an incredibly sick child over and near other small children? I would be informing the other parents staying that weekend and asking for their opinion. This will take pressure off your son and Dil having to make the decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmd460 View Post
    I would like a second opinion please.

I have a 1 year old grandson who is sick. The Doctor said he has either a strep infection or hand, foot and mouth. He has tonsillitis and a blister rash on his hands, bottom and others. He starts antibiotics tomorrow.

My son and DIL had planned to drive for the easter break 10 hours to stay with family. The other family have little ones too. Given the one year old is sick and the fact that he is so uncomfortable, my son feels it is very wrong to put him in the car and take him. His partner disagrees and they asked my opinion.

I think it is a no brainer, strep infections are nasty and they make babies miserable. I believe that if he has a rash, infected tonsils and has a fever he should most definitely stay home and not travel for 10 hours to stay at someone's house, particularly if he is still contagious.

This has caused a disagreement between the two.

I just cannot for the life of me understand how they can take him if he is as sick as he is tonight.

I am wanting an urgent second opinion from another parent please?

What would other parents do?
    Stay home. Don't make the poor little guy travel for 10 hours and don't put the other kids at risk of catching it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They should give the trip a miss for sure.
    Very unfair on the bub to be travelling and away from home when so sick.

Plus id expect the hosts would not appreciate a sick child who is contagious with HFM in their home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They can't go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay home for sure.

People visiting others when sick and contagious is a pet peeve of mine. If the outing is not necessary (e.g. grocery shopping, going to chemist etc) then stay home and help prevent the spread of the illness. I'd be seriously unhappy if people turned up to stay at my house with a child that ill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why are they asking you and not the hosts?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (12-04-2017)