+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From memory most of the procedure was covered by medicare. I think there was about $50 to $70 gap.

Mine was just done at our local PRP, which does your everyday ultra sounds. They had a special doctor do it. I'm in regional NSW so I had to go during a week she were here. It was just like a pap smear, no antithetic or anything. The doctor talked me through the whole thing.

Have they talked to you about progesterone supplements? My FS is at the stage where I'm basically doing everything possible to try to get pregnant and have it stick. He's got me taking progesterone to encourage good implementation. He's also got me taking a low dose aspire, which apparently helps with unexplained miscarriages.

There was something else I had to take with clomid and not femera.... I think it was an estrogen supplement. I can't remember the specifics of that but there was something about clomid effecting the estrogen levels, which would have made it harder for a pregnancy to stick. Maybe that might be something to ask.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mellie29 For This Useful Post:

Farmerchick  (24-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @Farmerchick I was in a similar situation to you in that my only issue supposedly was pcos and lack of ovulation. So I had 2 rounds of clomid nowhere near ovulating then 3 cycles of follicle stimulating injections which enabled me to ovulate (including one cycle where I had IUI) and still nothing. At this point we moved to ivf and got 7 embryos to freeze (had to freeze all due to OHSS) then pregnant off the first frozen transfer I had and my dd is almost 2. The clinic advised us to move to ivf instead of trying iui but we thought we'd give that a go.
    I think a hysterosalpingogram is a great idea to make sure your tubes are clear - no point consistently making you ovulate if there is a blockage it's a cheap, quick and slightly uncomfortable test but worth it for piece of mind. If tubes are clear you might consider trying clomid+IUI or straight to a conservative ivf cycle.
    Hopefully it happens for you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, I hope this month is the one for all of us. I'll definitely keep you posted on what happens on Friday. I just hope this appointment brings a bit of positive energy. I don't think FS and drs really try that hard, no disrespect but I do think that they think clomid and a shot of pregnyl is the magic bullet. But when it doesn't work they shrug their shoulders and suggest ivf. Problem is if you don't know what your issue is who can say if ivf will work either??? Just another expensive dud cycle

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you recommend trying Clomid?

Hi I was wondering Im 27 and been trying for 4 months now with no success so far. I Have tried the ovulation kits.I only got 1 smiley face it never peaks. I was thinking of maybe trying the Clomid..
    I know alot of people are going to say 4 months isnt long but there is a possibility I could develop a very agressive strain of Multiple Sclerosis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I fell pregnant on my fifth round of Clomid. The FS was about to give up on it and booked me in for a lap and then to start Gonal F injections but didn't end up needing to. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely have your tubes checked! It can actually make it more likely to conceive when they flush them during the exam. Dr chapman, in his podcast, mentioned his wife had fallen pregnant twice the month after the tube scan.

but also what chances is your clinic giving you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm surprised your FS hasn't checked your tubes? It drives me crazy when they don't do that first, since you sound like you are generally working fine on your own (ovulating and hormones are good, and your partner has good swimmers). Tube patency accounts for up to 40% of women's infertility. Demand a HSG, and ask them to use the contrast dye if possible, as it has been shown to increase pregnancy rates in clinical trials (the bubble solution showed no increase). Some women have the test done with with bubbles (it's easier to read on the scan) and them flush through with the dye.

I'm just starting my own infertility journey, and I've had a year researching all the most up to date medical studies to 'plan' for what I will do next. My first FS appointment is in two weeks and I am going in with a lost of what I want! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tubes are fine. Good and bad I guess. I'm just a dud

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmerchick For This Useful Post:

Winterberry  (20-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww, you are definately not a dud! Infertility is a total b*****, but you will get there eventually. Your body is capable of achieving incredible things! Stay strong - for every day that passes you are one day closer to meeting your future child.

Just yesterday I found out I have hyperthyroidism (I didn't have it 8 months ago?), and my hubby's morphology dropped from 8% to 2%. I also fractured a tooth from the stress of TTC and have to have an emergency root canal. All, we can do is work though each thing, and hope the next thing works. Stay strong! xx
    Last edited by ana14; 21-06-2017 at 07:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ana14 View Post
    Aww, you are definately not a dud! Infertility is a total b*****, but you will get there eventually. Your body is capable of achieving incredible things! Stay strong - for every day that passes you are one day closer to meeting your future child.

Just yesterday I found out I have hyperthyroidism (I didn't have it 8 months ago?), and my hubby's morphology dropped from 8% to 2%. I also fractured a tooth from the stress of TTC and have to have an emergency root canal. All, we can do is work though each thing, and hope the next thing works. Stay strong! xx
    Ouch, that's not cool 😢
    Fingers crossed every month. I'm about to start my dreaded tww, aarrgghh