+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh and also T1 is on holidays for the first two weeks of next term so won't see her there for a month so want action on it immediately

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Oh that's a poo. I would honestly ask the front office if they have class teacher emails and if they ask why, just say you have something you'd like to discuss with the teacher.
    I think it's rubbish that they have no way to discuss things via email.
    I know in our newsletter it was mentioned and we also have an app that gives all the teachers and admin details - and we are a very small, rural school.
    My dd is also older, I second the email approach, having things in writing down the line makes a huge difference sometimes. All teachers will have a school email, so I'm sure if you called the office they'd be able to help. Cc the principal, and seeing as she is an older lady even if I was told she doesn't check her email regularly, I'd still send it, just to have it documented. Then go have a chat to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think your decision to go in today due to the school being about to break for holidays is a good one. As you've suggested that you will, get the email addresses of the principal and teacher and as soon as you get home from the chat email them in regards to everything you discussed so you have it documented in writing while it's fresh in your mind.
    GOOD LUCK! Let us know how you go. Hope your little girl isn't too upset about going to school today xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm fuming on your behalf! Your poor little girl. No one should be scared to go to school, especially not because of the teacher. Such a power imbalance, there's nothing she can do.

I'd be demanding that your daughter be moved, no ifs or buts. At our school they also say 'absolutely no moving class', but even so I've seen kids moved during the year due to complaints, so it can happen.

Good luck today, please let us know how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea, get the email and address everything that was said with the principal in the meeting.
    How did it end up going today @SoThisIsLove?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default daughter told me teacher hurts her

I'm so sorry this is happening to your DD. if it was my son I would be equally heartbroken and bloodthirsty. It's a hard position to be in

The advice above has been really good, but I just want to add, it doesn't matter who you speak to first or who you email in what order - the most important thing of all is to do *something*. It's absolutely essential that your DD sees that what she told you is being taken seriously and there is immediate action. The worst thing for a child is to feel that they are helpless in a bad situation; they need to know that someone is listening and someone is protecting them. Good luck today. Looking forward to hearing what the principal said.

Also in response to above comment about the teacher being old school and using outdated discipline methods - if this is the case, then the school is equally to blame for this woman's behaviour. Teachers of all ages and walks of life have to have ongoing professional development and training, and one thing teachers are not allowed to do is manhandle children. It's been the case for many years, even since I was in school.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (11-04-2017),LaDiDah  (23-04-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (11-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go with the Principal this morning OP? Hope you got a good response.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    We have a teacher like this at our school. Nothing will be done unless the parents really stand up and force the issue. Everything has to be done in writing so there is a paper trail and threats of getting the education department and possibly media involved are pretty much a must (in our schools case at least. Something about being difficult because of permanency). You need to insist on your DD changing classrooms and be very specific as to why. Even go as far as standing outside the classroom if possible during a time when parents are not usually at school. Our principal did this himself numerous times and even sat in on majority of classes for the year because of the difficulty of sacking a permanent teacher. Apparently there is a process..

If all else fails go to the police and put in a report.

Your DD has not and will not ever be the last child to undergo this treatment by her and thee more people who complain the more likely something will be done. There is a good chance many other parents are doing the same but have been asked to remain quiet about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbletrouble View Post
    Be very careful with this as it's illegal to record someone without their knowledge. Someone did this to my mum at her work and the person was immediately fired when they told the boss they had recorded a conversation.
    Well maybe adults in a workplace, but kids have access to tablets and ipads and some even phones that can record at any time. It is also illegal to harrass and bully someone. If the school was doing it's job then it wouldnt be necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did your chat go @SoThisIsLove ?