+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    I bought a USB stick that records voices from Ozspy, because my daughter was having a lot of trouble with a boy bullying her at school, calling her horrid names etc, pushing and shoving her and enlisting other kids to do the same thing. Any attempt to go to the teacher or principal was met with "We've talked to the child and he denies that is happening" or "So and so's mother says he isnt that sort of child". So I gave the USB to my daughter and when she was being harrassed or bullied she pressed the button. Now the bully has been suspended for 2 weeks. Cant argue your way out of direct evidence.
    Rachel that is a brilliant idea, wish I had know about that device last year when my DD12 was being bullied to no end. The school knew about the bully but refused to suspend her. I spent a lot of time off work going to the school and giving them what for weekly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    So sorry your daughter is being treated this way in the classroom. Do you have the teachers email address? I would want to actually put it in writing. I wouldn't actually discuss it face to face until you have a third party there with you and having it in writing makes it official. I would also CC the principal in the email so they are aware what has been said to you by your daughter and how she is feeling. They can't let an email slide either. If you get no reply, let the teacher know you have emailed her.
    I think this is a great idea because you're dealing with the teacher directly but in a way where the Principal is still involved, it allows you to follow up with a face to face meeting where everyone knows what the situation is and if you're not happy with their response you have a hard copy of communication as proof to take further action.

Also I haven't said it earlier but I'm so sorry your DD is going through this. My DD is starting prep next year and her hating her teacher and not wanting to go to school is one of my biggest worries. She loves going to Kindy because she loves her teacher and she's always so excited, it makes such a difference when they're excited about going. I really hope the school takes this seriously and resolves this for your daughter.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Upon further discussions with our daughter once my husband was home from work this evening, she clarified that the teacher upon being upset at her "bad work" grabbed her from her desk under both arms which resulted in half my daughters body being dragged across the floor on her way to the teachers desk.

A 6 year old does not just make that stuff up. She obviously grabbed her aggressively and with force. She has never said a bad word about any other teacher.

Im very upset about it and hubby is fuming. Im going to insist on speaking to the principal about this tomorrow, im feeling very nervous about it tho and have no idea what to expect. I just want to know that this will not be tolerated in any way shape or form and if its happening to my daughter how many other students has it happened to as well?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (10-04-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (10-04-2017),SSecret Squirrel  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Upon further discussions with our daughter once my husband was home from work this evening, she clarified that the teacher upon being upset at her "bad work" grabbed her from her desk under both arms which resulted in half my daughters body being dragged across the floor on her way to the teachers desk.

A 6 year old does not just make that stuff up. She obviously grabbed her aggressively and with force. She has never said a bad word about any other teacher.

Im very upset about it and hubby is fuming. Im going to insist on speaking to the principal about this tomorrow, im feeling very nervous about it tho and have no idea what to expect. I just want to know that this will not be tolerated in any way shape or form and if its happening to my daughter how many other students has it happened to as well?
    I totally understand how upset you are and rightly so but my advice as a mum with older kids who has dealt with similar situations is (as suggested above) email the teacher with your child's version of events, ask for a meeting to discuss further and cc the Principal. I can't stress enough how much the emails must be sent before any discussion happens.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (11-04-2017),TheGooch  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    That is absolutely disgusting, your poor daughter

Just be confident and go in there and stick up for your child, don't let them brush you off. This teacher sounds like she has anger issues and she should not be working with children. I would be furious if I were you. Good luck for tomorrow, let us know how you go.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I totally understand how upset you are and rightly so but my advice as a mum with older kids who has dealt with similar situations is (as suggested above) email the teacher with your child's version of events, ask for a meeting to discuss further and cc the Principal. I can't stress enough how much the emails must be sent before any discussion happens.
    I dont have an email for her teacher and the email on the school website is just a generic info@.... email address so i doubt will go direct to the principal. Even if i attention it to him i have no idea who else is reading it? Any advice? I appreciate your feedback thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would keep her home from school until you have answers to be honest.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

DT75  (11-04-2017),MissMuppet  (11-04-2017),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2017),Unschooling4  (12-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I dont have an email for her teacher and the email on the school website is just a generic info@.... email address so i doubt will go direct to the principal. Even if i attention it to him i have no idea who else is reading it? Any advice? I appreciate your feedback thank you.
    Oh that's a poo. I would honestly ask the front office if they have class teacher emails and if they ask why, just say you have something you'd like to discuss with the teacher.
    I think it's rubbish that they have no way to discuss things via email.
    I know in our newsletter it was mentioned and we also have an app that gives all the teachers and admin details - and we are a very small, rural school.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You mentioned earlier that the teacher is a bit older? Physical punishment used to be allowed in schools once upon a time. Maybe she needs a reminder that her way is absolutely completely and utterly NOT OK these days! Might be time for retirement.

Call the office and ask for a direct email address for the principal and the teacher. If you only get one for the principal, just send it straight to him/her and ask that they pass it on to the teacher.
    Last edited by CazHazKidz; 11-04-2017 at 06:39.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (11-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've decided to go straight in this morning and speak to the principal. I want to speak to someone today considering they are going on break in 2 days. I've written down everything my daughter has told me. I'll ask for his email after meeting with him and email about our conversation. The more I've stewed about it the more I'm furious 😡

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (11-04-2017),Californication  (11-04-2017),CazHazKidz  (11-04-2017),Soon2be4  (11-04-2017),Wise Enough  (11-04-2017),yadot  (11-04-2017)