+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I definitely think the situation is serious enough to warrant a direct conversation with the Principal, my only concern would be if you have not brought it up directly with the teacher first I feel they are more likely to brush you off. The teacher will deny it and the Principal will say something like the teacher wasn't even aware of these claims, all our teachers behave professionally, I will personally keep an eye on the situation blah blah blah. If you talk to the teacher first and your daughter still comes home with these experiences you have a stronger case to force the Principal to take stronger action such as moving you child into another class or at the least verbally warning the teacher about the behavior. From my experience in schools it's always best to take it up directly with the teacher and if that doesn't work then move onto the Principal, that way you can show that you've made an effort to sort it out yourself and you require more serious intervention.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Appreciate all the support and advice, i do know some of the other mums ( not very well) but well enough that id feel comfortable talking to them. That thought did cross my mind so i may mention it to the few i know best.

I do agree that perhaps its best to speak to her teacher first because A) Then the teacher is aware that my DD is reporting it to me and that it wont be tolerated & hopefully she will cease the behaviour and then B) if it does continue i can let the principal know ive spoken to her teacher about it already. I agree with Mama Mirabelle that he will ask immediately if i have addressed it with her teacher.

Will let you know how i go. I had to go to the school and collect DD early today as she had a fall (shes ok) and shes off tomorrow for an appointment then T1 isnt there on Wednesdays so will endeavor to speak to her Thursday before the easter break. DD is very clingy after telling me poor bub. Ive made it clear that what her teacher has done is not OK and that i will be doing something about it and that she can come to me about anything at all. I always ask her what was the best and worst thing about her day after school so she feels free to open up to me abut anything thats upset her.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Californication  (10-04-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What Mama Mirabelle said crossed my mind, but I would still organise a meeting with the principal, rather than the teacher.

The reasons why I would do this are:
    - The teacher is unlikely to own up to it anyway, so I would have low expectations of a reasonable outcome
    - I think it's serious enough that the principal should be made aware
    - the principal may be able to speak to the teacher about it without letting her know which student has said it, so the teacher is less likely to single out your dd in future.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Hetty  (10-04-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (10-04-2017),Minniemin  (11-04-2017),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Straight to the principal, say you want your daughter moved while they look into the case. Say if they cannot do it you will go to the police for advice.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Hetty  (10-04-2017),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default daughter told me teacher hurts her

So sorry your daughter is being treated this way in the classroom. Do you have the teachers email address? I would want to actually put it in writing. I wouldn't actually discuss it face to face until you have a third party there with you and having it in writing makes it official. I would also CC the principal in the email so they are aware what has been said to you by your daughter and how she is feeling. They can't let an email slide either. If you get no reply, let the teacher know you have emailed her.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (10-04-2017),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would go to the principal and ask about moving classes. I know you've been told it can't happen, but you never know, circumstances may have changes, another child may have changed schools or moved away or something and a spot may have opened up in another class. Ask the question or you won't know.
    What your daughter is saying her teacher has done isn't on - and the fact is, even if she's exaggerating it - it's what SHE feels has happened, and she is frightened of this teacher and miserable. Last year my son had a teacher who could be a bit abrupt and sounds similar to the teacher you're describing, and she was amazing for my son and he loved her, but his best friend really really struggled and really did not like her and didn't want to go to school. Hope you can get this sorted so your little one can go back to loving school xox

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    I bought a USB stick that records voices from Ozspy, because my daughter was having a lot of trouble with a boy bullying her at school, calling her horrid names etc, pushing and shoving her and enlisting other kids to do the same thing. Any attempt to go to the teacher or principal was met with "We've talked to the child and he denies that is happening" or "So and so's mother says he isnt that sort of child". So I gave the USB to my daughter and when she was being harrassed or bullied she pressed the button. Now the bully has been suspended for 2 weeks. Cant argue your way out of direct evidence.
    Be very careful with this as it's illegal to record someone without their knowledge. Someone did this to my mum at her work and the person was immediately fired when they told the boss they had recorded a conversation.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (10-04-2017),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a teacher, and I say go straight to the principal rather than trying to talk to the teacher. If it was just that the teacher was being mean then going to the teacher would be the right way to go, but as she had been physical I say go straight to the principal. Some people should not teach small children. Hurting a child is unacceptable.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hetty For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (11-04-2017),SoThisIsLove  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    What Mama Mirabelle said crossed my mind, but I would still organise a meeting with the principal, rather than the teacher.

The reasons why I would do this are:
    - The teacher is unlikely to own up to it anyway, so I would have low expectations of a reasonable outcome
    - I think it's serious enough that the principal should be made aware
    - the principal may be able to speak to the teacher about it without letting her know which student has said it, so the teacher is less likely to single out your dd in future.
    Some great points thank you will take this into consideration

Thanks
    Reviews
    Straight to the principle, I refuse to deal with the "bully" like others had said she could use that to fuel her fire and hate on your daughter even more if this is indeed what is happening. You need to make another party aware of the situation.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Constanceprice For This Useful Post: