+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Yaz birth control

I asked my Dr today about going back on birth control to mainly control my period a bit better as it's not regular (either really early or really late) and is starting to get quiet heavy and she recommended yaz and was hoping people could share their experiences with it? Such as weight changes? Hormone surges? Period cycles? Acne? Side effects? And things like that

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not a Dr but I'd do some reading about Yaz and make sure you thoroughly discuss the possible side effects with your Dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yaz turned me into an emotional basket case. I didn't even realise until the pharmacy gave me Yasmin by mistake once and a couple of weeks later I realised I wasn't acting like a nutcase anymore.

Probably not going to be everyone's experience but something to be aware of - I was very unhappy for a long time and just assumed I wasn't dealing well with a few things that were going on in my life - I wish I had of made the connection sooner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For the most part, Yaz is my favourite birth control ever. Light, 4 day AF, clears all my acne completely, no weight gain at all, no negative effect on my libido. The only 'side effect' I get that doesn't happen when I'm not on the pill is the first day of taking the inactive pills, I am grumpy, By the next day I'm fine. Then, the second day of taking the inactive pill I get a headache for that day. Happens exactly the same each month! Other than that, it's great for me.

I know lots of people have issues with it though. And there is apparently a higher risk of blood clots with Yaz than other pills, so if you smoke AND are over 35, you shouldn't take it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely agree with doing your research, Yaz affected me badly emotionally and I also suspect it played a role in worsening my migraines. However it did help with making AF lighter and cleared up my skin nicely. Good luck with finding the right bc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yaz also turned me into an emotional basket case. I switched to microgynon 20 which made things slightly better ... i couldnt cope well on birth control though and in the end gave up and turned to non hormonal methods

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay so far no major mood differences that I have noticed but my vagina (particularly the outer area) is really sore, itchy and a little inflamed and I am wondering if it's got something to do with the extra hormones from the bc or if it's a reaction to the new type of condoms DH and I tried. Sorry for the tmi but it's driving me insane and wanting to scratch and claw at my crotch is not only not normal but also not a attractive sight

Thanks
    Reviews
    @loodle I'd assume the condoms first. We don't usually use them but when we had to at one stage, going through IVF, I was only able to use certain types otherwise that exact same thing happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    Okay so far no major mood differences that I have noticed but my vagina (particularly the outer area) is really sore, itchy and a little inflamed and I am wondering if it's got something to do with the extra hormones from the bc or if it's a reaction to the new type of condoms DH and I tried. Sorry for the tmi but it's driving me insane and wanting to scratch and claw at my crotch is not only not normal but also not a attractive sight
    Could be thrush? Caused by either the condoms or the pill upsetting the balance of microflora in your vagina. Try some canesten cream on the outside and see if that settles it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Could be thrush? Caused by either the condoms or the pill upsetting the balance of microflora in your vagina. Try some canesten cream on the outside and see if that settles it
    Thank you!! Will head to the chemist and get some first thing in he morning. If it still doesn't ease I might see the Dr about changing the bc around to one I was on years ago (levelen) when I was with a different dr and never noticed any problems.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (16-04-2017)