+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default VERY weird dreams....

I've been pregnant before and I dont remember having weird dreams until the last trimester, but last night I dreamed that I went to my first ultrasound, that is coming up in the next couple of weeks and they told me there were a few in there. I looked at the screen and there were 4, so I was in shock and hyperventilating and went home to tell hubby and he freaked out. Then I went to my nuchal scan at 12 weeks and they found out there were 8 and I got labelled "Australia's octomom" and was hounded by A current Affair and 60 minutes, and not in a good way... and it was all down hill from there....

Anyone had any strange pregnancy related dreams?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha That is a pretty weird dream -hoping it's just a dream

No pregnancy related ones, but I do get plenty of crazy weird dreams and super vivid ones. Sometimes it feels like i am exhausted from dreaming that much. I wake up right in a middle of a crazy/vivid dream a few times a night. As far as i know you're only supposed to be dreaming in one sleep cycle, not all of them... seems as though since i got pregnant i'm stuck in that one! haha

Good luck with the ultrasound

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Galdoria For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (11-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Having a little giggle here I'm in my 3rd trimester and have had vivid, strange dreams since about 12 weeks along.

I had a repeating dream that my baby was wet and slippery like spaghetti, and every time I picked it up it would slip though my arms and onto the floor, lol.

I had another that I had a baby cat instead of a human baby. I love animals so I woke feeling confused but not entirely disappointed!!!

Last night I dreamed that someone swapped my baby for a doll, and everyone was saying I was crazy because I kept insisting 'this wasn't my baby!'

I think it's completely normal. As normal as crazy pregnant ladies can get, anyway, lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (11-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im still having multiple dreams, wonder if my subconscious knows something I dont...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel,

My sis used to have a weird dream when she got into first pregnancy. At times its the stomach that creates chemical problems results in weird dreams but if you're seeing the same dream again and again then it a problem..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bane For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (12-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep having dreams that there is more than one baby in there. It ranges from having twins (which I have had before so that isnt very scary) to having sextuplets or having way too many to continue. It is so strange. I am 8 weeks so I could have an ultrasound but Im in Victoria so we are mid school holidays and it is just too hard to arrange, then it is Easter, then the kids go back to school, so I will be 9 weeks plus before my first scan. These dreams are freaking me out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess that was a stressful dream to wake up from, but apart from that, it's pretty hilarious. You must have a creative brain.

In real life, I spotted between 6 and 8 weeks and it totally terrified me. Somewhere in that time, I had a vivid dream that I started to have a miscarriage. It felt so real! I woke up certain that I was having a miscarriage. When I didn't find any blood, I was convinced that I was going to have a miscarriage that day. I thought that somehow my body knew and was communicating with my subconscious. I guess it sounds crazy, but it felt so real.

Now I'm 11 weeks pregnant with no spotting. Thankfully the dream did not recur.

Other than that, my dreams are as crazy as they normally are.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSmum2017 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (13-04-2017),SarahDohrman  (13-08-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im thinking it is just an anxiety thing, but Im sort of hoping for a scan soon to put my mind at ease. I would LOVE to have twins again though. Sextuplets, not so much... lol

I also have this really weird dream like state when I am pregnant where I am not 100% sure if I am awake or asleep. It has happened a few times where Im dreaming and it seems so real then I have woken up SHOCKED to find myself in my bed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

Galdoria  (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahaha I get that same dream like state Rachel. Last time it happened i was sure i was dreaming/had just dreamed about my alarm going off. An hour later, my last snooze went off and i realised that i was dreaming/not dreaming... and very very late for work!