+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Some advice needed.

I'm the nanna of a new little baby girl who arrived a few weeks early, so she is fairly small.
    My daughter (the mother) is very worried though. She has a baby capsule in the car. I think it is a Britax brand. It has an added piece, a sort of soft head rest insert, for smaller babies.
    But my daughter was horrified when they got home from a trip to find the baby's head was drooping sideways and forward.
    I think the problem seems to be the capsule puts the baby on a bit of an angle where the baby is a bit too upright for this stage of development.

I noticed this slightly with her first baby 2 years ago but he was almost 10 lb when he was born and soon got stronger.
    My question is this-does anyone know of capsules that are better for very small or very young babies? All the ones we have seen seem to be this same design, but I was thinking surely my daughter can't be the only one who has ever had the problem? At the moment she is staying at home and too scared to take the baby out anywhere. She showed me a photo & I think it looks highly dangerous to have the baby's head falling forward like that.
    Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One of the britax unity capsules has a prem baby setting - there are a couple versions of this capsule and one has the setting, one doesn't so pays to check if she's got that one.

I'd also jump on Facebook and join the group called "child restraints. Is your child restrained correctly?" You can post a picture of the install there and people will be able to help, there are a lot of really knowledgeable people in that group and a lot of car seat fitters who can help.

Also sideways head flop is totally ok - but if bub was chin to chest then that's obviously a problem but one that most likely can be fixed by tweaking the capsule install. Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

cheryl3802au  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much, besha. Really appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Cheryl, definitely join the group. At a guess the capsule may need the recline tweaked a little.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

cheryl3802au  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, Amy D. I guess that was what I was wondering myself, whether the recline can be altered although my daughter doesn't seem to think so. All the same, worth finding out for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Reclines can definitely be adjusted. I'm a fitter and it's common to do it.