+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCas View Post
    It's a strange feeling to know when it will happen, don't you think @Em9. During this last day I feel a bit lost, thinking: what would be the best thing to do the day before... some studying, some reading, just resting,...
    I've just done some groceries so that I don't have to worry about an empty fridge while I'm away. I don't want to go for a walk because I really want to avoid labour to start now (I've already walked quite a bit by walking to my eldest's school for the Easter hat parade this morning) ...
    Sooooo strange HollyCas!
    I have had the added bonus of being in some kind of pre labour . I was up for hours last night with a really sore leg (random) and period pains and then had an OB app this morning and she said it was things beginning. She gave me a VE and I wasn't dilated bug had a soft cervix and babies head was very low. She basically gave me a heap of options and I chose to go home and rest in the hopes that nothing started. Basically I said if everything got going before tomorrow I'd try for another VB. I'm hoping NOTHING happens at all cause I just want my calm booked in ceaser lol. I'm first on the list tomorrow and have to be at the hospital by 7am so we are going to stay at my parents place tonight which is heaps closer than our house.
    I hope you are enjoying your last day, fingers crossed I will be waiting until tomorrow to give birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All the best for tomorrow! I hope you've relaxed today. Watch a movie tonight, get some take away and go to bed early - some of the things I really missed during the first couple of months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Good luck for tomorrow, I hope everything goes well and it's a wonderful experience for you. Just rest today, maybe watch a movie or do something relaxing that you enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Em9! The good thing about the early signs of labour is that your baby shows you to be ready for the big day as well. Because of the contractions and labour starting, hormones will set free to prepare baby's lungs for breathing, I was told. I hope you will get the nice planned ceasar that you were hoping for!
    Mine will be in the afternoon, have to be in the hospital by 11am.
    I think we'll watch a movie in our bedroom tonight and hopefully fall asleep during...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to you too @HollyCas. Such an exciting time! Enjoy your cuddles.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

HollyCas  (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to all! Please update how things went ❤️

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simil For This Useful Post:

HollyCas  (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone. Just taken some more panadol, hoping nothing happens for the night. 11 more hours to go till I get to hospital so hopefully everything subsides overnight. Will keep you all informed!
    Good luck HollyCas if I don't get on here again beforehand. I look forward to hearing your news

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

HollyCas  (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We welcomed our precious baby girl Sophia on Friday 7 April. C-section went allright but I was really sick from the spinal. She was born at 3:25pm and weighing 3,260 kg, measuring 46cm, breastfeeding is going fine, we're so much in love with her!
    We came home after 3 days and now I'm just trying to monitor pain meds myself which is a bit of a challenge. I seem to have more pain now that I'm home. Possibly because I'm doing much more (too much?) Sophia is a dream though! She hardly cries but she always wants to be held for the moment... wanted to be fed a lot yesterday and every time my uterus contracts during a feed, so I had that a lot as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @HollyCas congrats on your little dd. Newborn snuggles are the best. I would say yes you are over doing it. Don't lift anything heavier then your baby girl. Rest as much as possible. Lay in bed all day with her only getting up to eat and shower and the loo. Get your dh to do the rest if he can and don't be afraid to ask for help. Be careful with you pain meds as they will start to also clog you up and that is the worst feeling ever. If you haven't already get some microlax gel tubes just in case. They are about $18 for 12, over the counter at the chemist

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks babybeeno1, I will take more rest. They said being mobile will help the healing process but maybe I will have to find the middle way. And just spread the painkillers wisely and alternating better than I was doing.
    I drink prune juice dayly and that actually seems to work very well, no bowel problems, and I do have another sacket (don't know the exact name) from the hospital in case it gets worse. I try not to take the endone, or only 1 at night. It makes me super drowsy, and I think that's the one that causes constipation.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyCas For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (12-04-2017)