+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't give any advice, but following. My elective c-section is also this Friday!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyCas For This Useful Post:

Em9  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @babybeeno1 covered most. Keep on top of the drugs - if you start to get above a 3 or 4 in pain, get some more so it doesn't get any higher. If you leave it, it is much harder to get under control. I couldn't take anything more than the basic panadol and nurofen - the endone and targin made me unable to get up.

It took me ages to get up and mobile - don't worry if it takes you longer than others. I looked awful afterwards and felt as bad as I looked. Take whatever help you need. Press the button. The midwives are happy to come and do whatever you need.

You will start feeling so much better quite quickly once you start moving - it surprised me. But definitely take it easy.

If you start to get worried about your bowels ask for/insist on something so that it doesn't go on too long.

A bit random, but if you are told you need an iron infusion afterwards, it shouldn't sting. If it does ask them to stop it because you might end up with staining which can be permanent. They may need to re-do your cannula.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Em9  (04-04-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also forgot to add this one

Go to the hairdresser and get a trim, wash and blow dry. I did this at 1pm and DS2 was at the hospital at 4pm for a 6pm section. It was one less hassle to wash my hair in hospital

Have a chair in the shower aswell like an oldie and don't be embarrassed when they help you get dressed. It's nothing the midwives haven't seen before and doesn't faze them at all

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Em9  (04-04-2017),JNC_B2012  (03-07-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Another little hubber bubba on their way. This makes my day.

The tugs is normally when your ob goes in to get bubs it. It's a completely weird sensation. But normal

Be as relaxed as you can when they give you the spinal block. You'll have a local first so a little sting there but you won't feel the spinal going in. You'll know it's working when you can't feel your toes and the ice they put on you for touch sensation.

It'll take up to 6 mins but no more. I was around 2.5mins. It was elective but a stand by emergency as my placenta was grade 4 pp and sitting over my cervix and where my ob had to make the incision.

You'll get skin to skin once they have checked and cleared baby then they take bubs to recovery with you for about an hour then back up to your room for the rest of your stay

Photos. I took my phone and camera in. My midwife controlled the camera and dp the phone. We got some awesome shots on both.

If your nervous ask your anastetic person to play some music on their phone. I was crying so some music calmed me down

Your dp will be in scrubs including the sexy hair net & cover for his shoes. Mine just wore some casual slip on but sneakers is fine

Take all the drugs they offer you but also remember they will start to make you constipated after a few days. Microlax 12 ok $18 was my new friend

When you go to the loo the first time post catheter removal hold a small towel across your wound for pressure it'll help. Make sure you shave or wax down there before aswell otherwise they dry shave you.

If you start to feel all cold and shaky afterwards it's completely normal.

Take some snacks into the hospital for yourself. Trail mix, pears for fibre, prunes. You'll be surprised how much of an appetite you'll have immediately

Good luck Hun can't wait to here how it goes
    Thank you! Such a great response! I don't like surprises so having an idea of what is going to happen makes me relax a lot more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCas View Post
    Can't give any advice, but following. My elective c-section is also this Friday!
    How exciting!! Good luck!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

HollyCas  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your welcome Hun. I had no idea at all when I had mine last July and I knew no one that had actually had one, everyone was VB around me

When you get home. Make sure your dp has the house cleaned, clean sheets, quilt on the bed so it's all comfy for you. Water bottle by the bed aswell and one in the lounge. I also kept a few nappies & wipes etc next to my bed for feeding at night so I didn't have to get out of bed. My dp got ds out, I fed, changed, settled and dp put ds back in bed. He also tied a sheet to the end of the bed so I could pull myself up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

JNC_B2012  (03-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Agree with all of babybeeno1's advice! She spot on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just at the OB for my last checkup. I'm first on the list for tomorrow! this has made it a little real lol.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (06-04-2017),HollyCas  (06-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Once you manage to get up and mobile, move as much as possible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a strange feeling to know when it will happen, don't you think @Em9. During this last day I feel a bit lost, thinking: what would be the best thing to do the day before... some studying, some reading, just resting,...
    I've just done some groceries so that I don't have to worry about an empty fridge while I'm away. I don't want to go for a walk because I really want to avoid labour to start now (I've already walked quite a bit by walking to my eldest's school for the Easter hat parade this morning) ...