+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Elective C Section this week!

I'm having a c section on Friday! Feeling nervous and feeling strange that I know when this baby is going to be born. Just after any last minute advice/tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats! I had an elective c section too, I found the whole experience to be very calm and controlled. I'm sure you've heard all about the strange tugging sensation, but it is in no way painful. My advice is, get someone to take photos!! And take the drugs afterwards.
    Good luck!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Em9  (04-04-2017),JNC_B2012  (03-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    Congrats! I had an elective c section too, I found the whole experience to be very calm and controlled. I'm sure you've heard all about the strange tugging sensation, but it is in no way painful. My advice is, get someone to take photos!! And take the drugs afterwards.
    Good luck!
    Yes! I didn't even think about photos but would really like some. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our anaesthetist took amazing ones. They're usually quite happy to do it, ours offered. Make sure you ask!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Em9  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting! My planned c section was great. Be prepared to get the shakes after bub is born. I got super cold and shaky with all three of mine (only one elective). Also when they put your spinal in let the anaesthesiologist know if you feel nauseous.

Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Em9  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And sooo itchy. Ahh memories.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Em9  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any tips for DH? One thing I thought I had better ask the hospital is what footwear he has to have. Dh either gets around In his work boots or thongs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    How exciting! Is this you first? I had an elective C last year after having an emergency C prior. Like a PP I found the elective very calm and controlled. It was a bit weird when I was sitting on the table in the delivery room and all the nurses and doctors were calming going about their business around me getting organized. I definitely had some nerves then but it was short lived.

I don't really have any tips or advice, just try to remain calm and practice deep breathing. It's a bit surreal to not go through all the labour pains and hustle and bustle of delivery but instead lie on a table, feel some tugging and then next thing your baby appears, but it's no less emotional and amazing than if it were a vaginal delivery.

You DH will need to wear enclosed shoes like sneakers and he will be given scrubs to wear in the operating room.

Good luck! Hope all goes well

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Em9  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    How exciting! Is this you first? I had an elective C last year after having an emergency C prior. Like a PP I found the elective very calm and controlled. It was a bit weird when I was sitting on the table in the delivery room and all the nurses and doctors were calming going about their business around me getting organized. I definitely had some nerves then but it was short lived.

I don't really have any tips or advice, just try to remain calm and practice deep breathing. It's a bit surreal to not go through all the labour pains and hustle and bustle of delivery but instead lie on a table, feel some tugging and then next thing your baby appears, but it's no less emotional and amazing than if it were a vaginal delivery.

You DH will need to wear enclosed shoes like sneakers and he will be given scrubs to wear in the operating room.

Good luck! Hope all goes well
    Thank you!

Second baby but I had a VB with him. Looking forward to the calmness of the experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another little hubber bubba on their way. This makes my day.

The tugs is normally when your ob goes in to get bubs it. It's a completely weird sensation. But normal

Be as relaxed as you can when they give you the spinal block. You'll have a local first so a little sting there but you won't feel the spinal going in. You'll know it's working when you can't feel your toes and the ice they put on you for touch sensation.

It'll take up to 6 mins but no more. I was around 2.5mins. It was elective but a stand by emergency as my placenta was grade 4 pp and sitting over my cervix and where my ob had to make the incision.

You'll get skin to skin once they have checked and cleared baby then they take bubs to recovery with you for about an hour then back up to your room for the rest of your stay

Photos. I took my phone and camera in. My midwife controlled the camera and dp the phone. We got some awesome shots on both.

If your nervous ask your anastetic person to play some music on their phone. I was crying so some music calmed me down

Your dp will be in scrubs including the sexy hair net & cover for his shoes. Mine just wore some casual slip on but sneakers is fine

Take all the drugs they offer you but also remember they will start to make you constipated after a few days. Microlax 12 ok $18 was my new friend

When you go to the loo the first time post catheter removal hold a small towel across your wound for pressure it'll help. Make sure you shave or wax down there before aswell otherwise they dry shave you.

If you start to feel all cold and shaky afterwards it's completely normal.

Take some snacks into the hospital for yourself. Trail mix, pears for fibre, prunes. You'll be surprised how much of an appetite you'll have immediately

Good luck Hun can't wait to here how it goes

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Em9  (04-04-2017),JNC_B2012  (03-07-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (04-04-2017)