+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Such a relief! He's just done another little one. Still having a little cry when he is sitting around and saying it's a bit sore. So I'm glad I've kept him home but I'm sure by this arvo I'll be pulling my hair out wondering why I was worried hahaha
    Had to cancel my plans today but I think I would of had to pick him up anyway so this was the right choice.
    When he says it's sore does he mean inside or outside?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear he's unwell . Sounds like a UTI if he's saying it hurts and his pee was smelly. Hopefully dr can help.

Hugs xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    When he says it's sore does he mean inside or outside?
    He's 3 so honestly he could just be saying it hurts to cover a lot of things. I can tell when he's trying to do a wee because he is crying now. breaking my heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Sorry to hear he's unwell . Sounds like a UTI if he's saying it hurts and his pee was smelly. Hopefully dr can help.

Hugs xxx
    Thank you @Louise41 xx he is still saying it hurts and trying not to wee (I think) I feel like all I've talked about is pee and poo all day lol.
    The doctor wants a urine sample (which we did manage to get a little one!) and will look at that and see how we go. He wasn't our normal doctor but ds was good with him, let him have a look and wasn't upset. He did throw up right as we got to the doctor so I don't know what that was from. Hoping my poor boy feels better soon though he won't take any nurofen or panadol though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's 3 so honestly he could just be saying it hurts to cover a lot of things. I can tell when he's trying to do a wee because he is crying now. breaking my heart.
    Have you taken him to a doctor? He really needs to see one if he has a uti. He needs antibiotics. It could go to his kidneys if not treated, plus they're really painful and get worse quite quickly.
    Sorry...just read your last post. The UTI can cause vomiting, so can a kidney infection. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Louise41 xx he is still saying it hurts and trying not to wee (I think) I feel like all I've talked about is pee and poo all day lol.
    The doctor wants a urine sample (which we did manage to get a little one!) and will look at that and see how we go. He wasn't our normal doctor but ds was good with him, let him have a look and wasn't upset. He did throw up right as we got to the doctor so I don't know what that was from. Hoping my poor boy feels better soon though he won't take any nurofen or panadol though.
    I hope he feels better soon. Poor darling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    Have you taken him to a doctor? He really needs to see one if he has a uti. He needs antibiotics. It could go to his kidneys if not treated, plus they're really painful and get worse quite quickly.
    Sorry...just read your last post. The UTI can cause vomiting, so can a kidney infection. Good luck.
    Thanks ☺ yeah the doctor said it could quite possibly be a uti so we have the urine and I will drop it off tomorrow to be tested. First step will be antibiotics. I did like that the Doctor we seen wants to wait for results before giving antibiotics (which I am all for, ds is horrible at taking medicines so I'd rather avoid doing it unnecessarily)
    Ds has never had a uti and neither have I so I have no idea what to expect doctor said usually the child would seem more sick but I mean ds wasn't what I would consider 'a happy kid' at the time. He was mellow that's not ds lol so I guess we hope we get some answers or he wakes up happier and feeling better. Thanks! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get a lot of UTI's as a kid and still do now and then, run a warm bath with lots of salt in it and wait for him to pee in the bath if you can get him to go, it greatly reduced the pain of peeing.
    As I got older my parents would get a small bucket again put plenty of salt in it fill it with warm water immerse my penis in it then pee, which did the same job without going to the trouble of a bath. It wasn't a perfect solution but it did help a lot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    I used to get a lot of UTI's as a kid and still do now and then, run a warm bath with lots of salt in it and wait for him to pee in the bath if you can get him to go, it greatly reduced the pain of peeing.
    As I got older my parents would get a small bucket again put plenty of salt in it fill it with warm water immerse my penis in it then pee, which did the same job without going to the trouble of a bath. It wasn't a perfect solution but it did help a lot.
    Thanks! That's really helpful. I didn't think of salt. I will give him one today and see how he goes!
    May not have been a perfect solution but if it helps I'm happy to remember it. I appreciate the advice ☺having not experienced it it's hard to know what to do.

So the update.. he had a dry nappy when he woke up again this morning. He woke up crying. A couple of hours after getting up he did a wee. Dark and smelly and he was quite upset again. He has done another small one since then and he was upset again. He has been drinking a lot more and eating small amounts and is slightly happier but he's still sore. Hope we have results early tomorrow.

Thanks for all the advice everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I took my daughter to the doctor once, fairly certain due to her syptoms that she had a UTI (She'd had fevers and been clingy which wasn't like her, tired and whingy and off her food). She hadn't really been complaining about weeing and was still weeing but I was still fairly certain that's what it was. When we got to the doc she was in full crazy mode and he basically told me she was fine - but I insisted she be tested for a UTI. Luckily she was peeing happily for me so we got a urine sample then and there and he did the dip test immediately and yep she had a UTI! Some kids may seem really unwell when they have one, and others not so much. All the symptoms you've described seem so much like a UTI to me! Hopefully that's what it is so you can get him on the AB's and clear it up quickly! Poor little darling
    Last edited by CazHazKidz; 05-04-2017 at 12:06.