+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Did I miss something?

I am a little concerned about ds. He came home from daycare yesterday and said he had a sore tummy. I didn't think much of it too be honest. I thought maybe because he hadn't eaten much all day he was feeling sore. Cooked dinner and he didn't eat a thing. Absolutely refused - he's not a big eater. He went to bed, he was asking too. He's usually tired after daycare so I was ok with it. He woke up really early this morning saying he was hungry and wanted a sandwich. Made him one for arguments sake and he ate 1/4. Said his tummy hurt again. I've gone to change his nappy and he hasn't done a wee all night. Not even a drip. Nappy is dry. He just grabbed at his nappy saying ow. I've given him water to hopefully get a wee out but he looked miserable (I honestly thought he was just tired)
    He's suppose to go to daycare today but I'm starting to wonder if we should be going to the doctor instead?
    Is it possible I've missed something and he's not feeling well?

Sorry for the essay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is he running a temp at all? I'd probably be keeping him home this morning and booking a doctor's appointment for this afternoon in case he doesn't improve. It's so hard to know what's going on with little ones.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS1 held his wee one day for no apparent reason. Poor thing hadn't done a wee all night, and refused to do one for most of the day. No amount of bribing, sitting on the toilet, offering extra drinks, etc worked. Poor thing just kept saying "ow!" and didn't seem to be able to go. Eventually at about 3pm his bladder just released and he was back to normal after that, thank god!
    I think he'd just held on for so long that it was too painful to even release it.

I would definitely keep him home, as if he doesn't wee he could end up with a UTI or bladder/kidney problems. Or he may already have a UTI and it's too painful too wee. If his bladder is full it might be too uncomfortable to eat.

If he's still the same this arvo I'd take him to a dr to get checked out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Is he running a temp at all? I'd probably be keeping him home this morning and booking a doctor's appointment for this afternoon in case he doesn't improve. It's so hard to know what's going on with little ones.
    He doesn't seem overly worried warm. A tiny bit but that's by touch.. he's getting cranky and won't let me check his temp.

Thanks. I rang daycare and they said last wet nappy was around 2pm yesterday. I will see about getting a doctors appointment. Can be hard in town

It's so hard isn't it. I ask him and he gives a different answer each time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    My DS1 held his wee one day for no apparent reason. Poor thing hadn't done a wee all night, and refused to do one for most of the day. No amount of bribing, sitting on the toilet, offering extra drinks, etc worked. Poor thing just kept saying "ow!" and didn't seem to be able to go. Eventually at about 3pm his bladder just released and he was back to normal after that, thank god!
    I think he'd just held on for so long that it was too painful to even release it.

I would definitely keep him home, as if he doesn't wee he could end up with a UTI or bladder/kidney problems. Or he may already have a UTI and it's too painful too wee. If his bladder is full it might be too uncomfortable to eat.

If he's still the same this arvo I'd take him to a dr to get checked out.
    Your poor ds it's so not fair. That sounds exactly like ds at the moment. I'm just shocked he hasn't done one overnight? Like it just hasn't happened?

Thanks. I think I will try for a doctors appointment this afternoon and see what happens throughout the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a wee! Ds just did a massive, smelly and dark wee. He's still saying it's sore so I'm gonna keep him home and give him lots to drink. Hopefully it helps. If he's still iffy this arvo I'll take him to the doctor.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (04-04-2017),Wise Enough  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phew, that's a relief! Hopefully his tummy feels a lot better soon and he's back to normal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such a relief! He's just done another little one. Still having a little cry when he is sitting around and saying it's a bit sore. So I'm glad I've kept him home but I'm sure by this arvo I'll be pulling my hair out wondering why I was worried hahaha
    Had to cancel my plans today but I think I would of had to pick him up anyway so this was the right choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Taking ds to the doctor this arvo. He won't wee again and he did some of the most disgusting poos I've seen in my life. He fell asleep on the lounge (very unusual for him) and he is generally off.
    We aren't seeing our normal doctor but I'm concerned he's getting upset about doing a wee still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear! Hope he's ok and the dr can help.