+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't correct people on their spelling and grammar (as I know I'm far from perfect), but I do inwardly cringe. My pet hates are when people say "should of" or "would of" instead of "should have" or "would have".

I am also like @Louise41 in that I hate when people use the word 'youse'. It's not a word!

I hate when DH "cleans the kitchen" after he's been in there and doesn't wipe done the benches. Sure he's done the dishes, but when there are crumbs or sauce splatter left on the bench, the kitchen isn't clean!

When people wait until the last possible second to merge from a merging lane, and and then do so 20km under the speed limit!

Inconsiderate smokers who light up in a crowd of people. Or smokers who cover themselves in cheap perfume afterwards and think that they've masked the smell when really they've just made it 10x worse. My tolerance for cigarette smoke is pretty low.

I have lots of pet hates that relate to work, but that would just open a major can of worms haha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (05-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mumbling. Just something about it makes me get super frustrated at people. Doesn't help that [I think] I've got a minor hearing issue so I basically just miss everything they say. If I'm in a good/normal mood I ask them to repeat clearly. If I'm already in a cranky mood, I have on occasion (and I'm not proud) just said "I don't understand you" and walked off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    - Drivers who think using an indicator is optional.
    - People using phones while driving. Texting drivers make me so mad.
    - Drivers who 'wait' for a parking spot, but hold everyone else up because they haven't left room for anyone else to pass by.
    - People who walk with their eyes glued to their phone, not looking where they're going.
    - Exceptionally loud talkers.
    - Bloggers who swear excessively. I'm not bothered by the occasional swear, but no need to drop the f-bomb repeatedly. It sounds so rough.
    - Websites that have a 'contact us' feature to send them an online enquiry, but they don't ever bother responding.
    - Indoor smoking.
    - Drivers who speed in school zones.

I could go on, and on...!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

DynamiteandaLazerBeam  (04-04-2017),LaDiDah  (05-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People chewing noisily or making other 'gross' noises (eg. cracking knuckles, flicking nails, sniffing alot).

Smoking in public places.

People who think that off leash areas mean that they don't need to have any control over their untrained dogs.

My kids interrupting repeatedly.

Mumbling (DH and DS!)

Angry drivers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (05-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Pet Hates

Quote Originally Posted by myowneden View Post
    I apologise to all of the inside prescription wearing sunglass people. I'll give you the benefit if the doubt!
    I'm guilty of this, but I hate it too. But if I don't wear them, my vision is definitely compromised! I do take them off when I get to the checkouts though, as I think it's rude not to and I can see OK close up

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    These would be on my list too. More so when people text/use their phone WHILE speeding through a school zone . It's becoming an extreme sport to take the kids to school lately!

We had a local die answering a text. They were obviously speeding (70 zone, but changing to 100 about 50m away) and missed a corner and drove into a tree. Terribly sad for her family, but I use the memorial as a learning tool for my kids. It's on our way home so they often mention it. I'm hoping that seeing me not use my phone and seeing that as a constant reminder will remind them to be safe when they are driving age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    grammar and spelling police!

My grammar and spelling is in general pretty good, but I do make a lot of typos. I quite often read sentences back that I've written and realise I've typed something simple wrong, and I can't edit it fast enough in case the grammar police jump on me. I hate seeing some poor soul being made to feel like what they have said doesn't matter (mostly on facebook posts) because they've typed one thing wrong.
    I am very guilty of this, though mainly in my head. I try not to point it out unless the meaning of the sentence could be changed by the correct grammar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    - Drivers who think using an indicator is optional.
    - Drivers who 'wait' for a parking spot, but hold everyone else up because they haven't left room for anyone else to pass by.
    - People who walk with their eyes glued to their phone, not looking where they're going.
    - Exceptionally loud talkers.
    - Bloggers who swear excessively. I'm not bothered by the occasional swear, but no need to drop the f-bomb repeatedly. It sounds so rough.
    - Websites that have a 'contact us' feature to send them an online enquiry, but they don't ever bother responding.
    - Indoor smoking.

I could go on, and on...!
    All of these, we must be twins in a past life
    (I love salt n pepa too)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DynamiteandaLazerBeam For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (05-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People having what would normally be a private conversation in public on their facebook wall - just use messages! Or send a text! You don't need to tag someone on your wall and then start a private conversation about your plans for the day (plans that are definitely only for the two of you). It reminds me of high school 'look at us, we're cool' behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    People having what would normally be a private conversation in public on their facebook wall - just use messages! Or send a text! You don't need to tag someone on your wall and then start a private conversation about your plans for the day (plans that are definitely only for the two of you). It reminds me of high school 'look at us, we're cool' behaviour.
    Yes and also the couples, older married couples for that matter having arguments over FB in a status about the other! Don't think I would have even done that as a teen!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (05-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pet Hates

People just stopping in front of me when walking
    People who drive under the limit
    People who edge their cars forward constantly at lights - it's not going to change any quicker so chill!
    Youse and I seen
    Hubby does this horrid thing where he rubs his toes together. In fact lots of noises he makes irritates the $h!t out of me lol - knuckle cracking, mouth breathing, that awful shaking hand finger clicking thing, tapping all the time.
    People who use the 'well I/my mum/the neighbours auntie did it and their kids are fine' line. Good for them. They were lucky.
    People who don't take car seat safety seriously and think the 6 month legal minimum for FF is a milestone to be attained.
    The vaccines cause autism brigade.
    People who fly down the merge lane to jump the queue - especially when it's been clear for a while they're going to have to merge in.
    Any phone use while driving - hubby messes with the sat Nav and that frustrates me as well.
    Smoking.
    Being told I'm nagging when I'm asking for something to be done the millionth time but then also being told off for not reminding him if I haven't been 'nagging' and ask if something has been done.
    Overuse of iPads and phones - especially when DD is trying to get attention.
    Hubby telling me he's had no time to do something that I requested over a month ago and yet he's had plenty of time to research buying a new game station or watching videos on his iPad.

My hubby p!sses me off a lot. Lol