+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3.5 dd won't poo in toilet

Has anyone got any strategies on how I can get my dd to stop wanting a nappy for number 2s? She's refusing to poo otherwise, a bit concerned about her holding it in & getting constipated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Reward chart?

This is disgusting but it worked for my dd... she calls them brown sausages lol and she gets super excited when she does it in the toilet and tells everyone!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

green tea  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just kept giving my dd1 nappies to poo. Then one day she decided she didn't need them to poo anymore. I made a big fuss and gave her a sticker every time after that so she kept doing it.

I think it's very normal. My niece did the same thing. They will grow out of it eventually

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

green tea  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ! We have written an article with a few tips that might help you. Here's the link: https://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blo...-and-setbacks/

Is definitely worth trying to avoid constipation! This can make toilet training even harder.

Good luck x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-editor For This Useful Post:

green tea  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One of the things that has work for both my kids are visual prizes, so we got a toy that they where keen on, DS was toy story figurines & DD was my little pony's & we'd stick them in the windowsill so they could see from the toilet, explain when they did a poo in the toilet they'd get the 'prize' then leave them to work it out... being 3.5 your DD should be able get her knickers/pants off herself so you won't need to hover, just offer the prize without any pressure & see how she goes

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

green tea  (04-04-2017),Simil  (03-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3.5 dd won't poo in toilet

I used bubhub's princess reward chart and used pink plastic diamond stickers that could be pulled off and used again. I bought a bunch of figurines (princess Sophia, the wiggles, Teletubbies etc) and she got one for a poo. She got to pick the figurine she wanted for the reward and I had them displayed so she could see them. Worked really well with my DD. she always got a reward for getting to the end of the chart too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

green tea  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same problem with ds3 who was 3 at the time. We just let him go nude or wear undies all day long up until bedtime.

It took a few days (and he was very good at holding it in) and a few accidents but he finally realised that the toilet was much more fun than having accidents.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

green tea  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For my DD she needed to have her feet on something, rather than dangling. So a stool or the ladder of those kids toilet seats. And once her feet were planted on something firm, I got her to pretend to blow up a balloon. I did it with her and the exertion made it come out and then she wasn't scared and was able to do it from then on with the encouragement of a reward.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

green tea  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I felt like a bad parent yesterday- after a weekend of trying to convince dd to go on the toilet, she started to complain of tummy pains- constipation. So I gave her coloxol drops (infants).. she basically had the worst diarrhoea ever for the whole day .. DH & I felt guilty about pushing the issue, when she obviously was adamant about not going. I spoke to the MCHN, who said in future let her wear nappies but make her sit on toilet so she gets the idea.. i know her diet needs work too, she's a plain foods type girl rice, pasta etc. so it's probably not helping matters, anyway just wanted to say thanks for the advice & good to know I'm not the only one.. in my head I just thought by 3.5 things would be resolved

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nephew was the same, right down to the plain foods type food. He's 5 and only resolved it just before he started school. Even now he holds on until home. Never pooed at school.