ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @gingermillie, that's what I'm worried about! DS finding it all too exciting and climbing out and getting into who knows what! Hope you had better luck tonight ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm reading along because I'm wondering if I should put DD in a normal bed soon. DF is pushing it but I've been apprehensive for the same reason as you @JustJaq. I can picture her climbing out, going downstairs and raiding the fridge in the middle of the night...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (02-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    @gingermillie, that's what I'm worried about! DS finding it all too exciting and climbing out and getting into who knows what! Hope you had better luck tonight ☺
    We didn't bother tonight as she has a massive head cold so thought we shouldn't change when she's feeling crappy. Will try again later in the week. She's desperate to sleep in there but usually sleeps in a sleeping bag which is a massive sleep cue for her and we'll need to stop that when she moves into the bed as I don't think it's safe so we'll have a double whammy of exciting bed change and no sleeping bag. She loves the big bed though and it's been in her room for over a year and we always have morning cuddles in it so it's not unfamiliar at all. Hoping all those things work in our favour but ultimately it's up to her!
    It's one of these hard things to know when the time is right and the perfect execution!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (02-04-2017)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We took the side off the cot for DS a couple of months ago. Added a side rail - the under the mattress kind.
    He's fallen out of bed once - between the rail and the mattress. But otherwise no dramas.
    It's pretty cute actually. Even though he can climb out and can open his door, he doesn't. He stays in bed until we get him in the morning!
    DS's new bed is on order and we will probably use the rail for a little while once he moves into it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (03-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I think i will get one with some extra securing, like that infasecure one. I decided this when i was propping DS's cot up last night to help him breathe with a cold.. i think one that just slid under might be unsafe on an angle.

Ps @gingermillie sleeping bags are a big sleep cue for my DS too... Have you thought about those bags you can zip up into legs? (Does that make sense?) I might look into those for my DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Thanks everyone. I think i will get one with some extra securing, like that infasecure one. I decided this when i was propping DS's cot up last night to help him breathe with a cold.. i think one that just slid under might be unsafe on an angle.

Ps @gingermillie sleeping bags are a big sleep cue for my DS too... Have you thought about those bags you can zip up into legs? (Does that make sense?) I might look into those for my DS.
    We do have one but it's 3.5tog so not quite cold enough for it yet but yes I do think that will help with the transition and keep her warm so I might get a 1 or 2.5 tog. The sleep suit sleeping bag we have is by ergopouch

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (03-04-2017)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was thinking of this thread yesterday morning when I was sleeping soundly around 2am to be woken by a loud whispering "Mummy"! It was 2.5 yo DS. "Mummy I fell out of the bed again!"
    He had fallen between the rail and the cot mattress, picked himself up, opened his bedroom door, and come to find us.
    Followed by hours of star fish kid in our bed.
    Can't wait for his bed to arrive in another month! In the mean time, we're going to have to find a way to make the rails more secure under the mattress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no, @TheGooch! Yeah, I've pretty much decided to get the one @gingermillie recommended, which has some extra securing. Haven't bought it yet though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bed/cot rails

Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    I was thinking of this thread yesterday morning when I was sleeping soundly around 2am to be woken by a loud whispering "Mummy"! It was 2.5 yo DS. "Mummy I fell out of the bed again!"
    He had fallen between the rail and the cot mattress, picked himself up, opened his bedroom door, and come to find us.
    Followed by hours of star fish kid in our bed.
    Can't wait for his bed to arrive in another month! In the mean time, we're going to have to find a way to make the rails more secure under the mattress.
    We found the bed rail plastic thingies to hold it in place were useless. So DH made some metal brackets that the rail upright posts slid over and screwed them to the cot base. Was much firmer and we made it tight so DS couldn't get wedged and the rail wouldn't move.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (08-04-2017)