+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone. Things no better this morning unfortunately. DH still throwing up too much to help at all. I've had 3 hours sleep on the couch and I'm still in a lot of pain.

Family gone to ground. No help there.

If DH has an injection, would that prolong the virus? The baby was only vomiting for one night so I'm not sure why DH is still going!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Thanks everyone. Things no better this morning unfortunately. DH still throwing up too much to help at all. I've had 3 hours sleep on the couch and I'm still in a lot of pain.

If DH has an injection, would that prolong the virus? The baby was only vomiting for one night so I'm not sure why DH is still going!
    It shouldn't do. I think you need to get DH sorted so he can help you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anti emetic injections don't prolong gastro - if anything they shorten it (I had quite a few gastro episodes when I lived in far north qld - the injections always worked like a charm).
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Huge hugs. If your dh is still vomiting definitely get the home dr. See if you can get a script for Zofran wafers as well. They are brilliant to have and on hand when gastro strikes! We try to always make sure we have 3 available (1 for me, 1 for DH and a half for DS2!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post

DS threw up 3 times then slept through the night (he is 4). DD threw up half the night until I gave Zofran. She was fine on wake up (for the gastro - she also had/has upper respiratory and sinus infection).

I was really sick for 2 days and nights. I did take Zofran but I had a very high fever.

So pretty much everyone's sickness was individual.

I would get your DH to see a dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definitely get the home doctor out for the injection. I've had gastro a few times, including when I was pregnant. I'd have the injection and all would be good after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd get the home dr out today. For one, they will come today, but wouldn't tomorrow, being a Monday, and you don't want to be taking your whole family somewhere if you don't need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I would give your hubby phenergen if you can't be bothered with doc.

Endone also does nothing for me. I prefer Tremadole (not sure on spelling).

Just do what you need to do to survive. Plonk the kids in front of the telly, throw nutrition out the window. Give them tinned spaghetti or biscuits for dinner.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Gosh I've just seen this. You poor thing! My DD had gastro earlier this year then me and DH got it. It was awful and you've just had surgery and a baby to look after too, I can't even imagine how hard that would be!

I agree, get your husband sorted ASAP so he can help you. I'd call the home doctor, even if they don't give the injection maybe they can give a script for something. Would your parents be willing to help by just going to the chemist and leaving the meds in the mailbox?

Wishing you a better night tonight, I hope you get a chance to rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing. I just saw this and my heart broke reading it. Dont geel bad about snapping at your family - I would have seen red if they said that to me in the same breath as 'we wont help!'

If things are still rotten today, I suggest pulling out the port-a-cot for and loading it with toys for your bub so she can go in there safely in the lounge and then putting whatever will keep your DS entertained on the tv and then trying to get some sleep (Even if just some dozing) on the couch. I hope today is better for you x