+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    20
    Reviews
    0

    Default Another fail... a new Doctor?

    I'm in my mid 30s and so far we've had 3/4 years of failing to naturally conceive, plus 3 failed IUI, plus 3 failed transfers (using ICIS). So we've been trying for almost 6 years in total.

    First IVF attempt: 5 day transfer with a morulas (no leftovers)
    Second attempt: 3 day transfer with 8 cells (1 leftover)
    Third attempt: ET

    I've never be pregnant or missed a period 😧 So I'm feeling incrediblily low atm, but trying to focus on the next step.

    We spoke with a fertility counsellor about our thoughts on changing doctors due to what we perceived as a lack of investigation/personalised treatment, and our poor results. She actually suggested getting a second opinion before we mentioned it, which was reassuring.

    I asked for suggestions, and was given the following names:
    - Dr Charlotte Mooring
    - Dr Warren De Ambross
    - A/Prof Anusch Yazdani
    I'm more comfortable with female doctors, however, my desire for a postive result is greater than my comfort levels these days.

    I've read a lot of positive reviews for Dr De Ambross, so I'm leaning his away atm.

    Does anyone have any other suggestions or feedback on the Doctors mentioned above?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks
    973
    Thanked
    1,132
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is a thread dedicated to dr warren on here. Have a look at it. I'm in a different state to him and I would regard my fs to be like him. There is a big wait to get into him though so I'd act quickly on it.

    We have years of unexplained infertility. Changes fs and boom pregnant naturally off a fet transfer and also 5 months after a laporoscopy to remove undiagnosed with no symptoms endometriosis stage 3. It's the new silent killer. A lot of us on here have been through journeys like yours so we are all here for support and help

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

    givemewaffles  (02-04-2017)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,118
    Thanks
    1,804
    Thanked
    1,851
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Warren has taught Charlotte a lot and they work together on difficult cases. Charlottes waiting list is much shorter than Warrens so that might also be useful.

    Warren got us pregnant and Charlotte is our OB. I love both of them.

    As above check out the Warren thread, I'll tag you in it. He is pretty full on and a bit crass at times but he is a genuinely wonderful man.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    I wouldn't bother with either Dr Warren De Ambrosis or his colleague Charlotte. They didn't help me at all. In fact, I succeeded when I moved away from Wazza after 10 failed cycles with him. If you want to be told your "macadamia nuts" are bad and that you need donor eggs, but all means go and see him. He doesn't get to the root cause of your infertility and when you don't succeed, he pushes you into the donor egg route, presumably so his success rates are not brought down by your failures. My experience with him was very poor and I do not recommend him to women at all, unless you are young and your problem is blocked tubes.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,118
    Thanks
    1,804
    Thanked
    1,851
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnyj23 View Post
    I wouldn't bother with either Dr Warren De Ambrosis or his colleague Charlotte. They didn't help me at all. In fact, I succeeded when I moved away from Wazza after 10 failed cycles with him. If you want to be told your "macadamia nuts" are bad and that you need donor eggs, but all means go and see him. He doesn't get to the root cause of your infertility and when you don't succeed, he pushes you into the donor egg route, presumably so his success rates are not brought down by your failures. My experience with him was very poor and I do not recommend him to women at all, unless you are young and your problem is blocked tubes.


    We had a very different experience to this. Warren encouraged us to continue with our own eggs/sperm but suggested we consider donor sperm or that we may need 10+ cycles to get the magic embryo. He didn't push us just explained that using our own average sperm would be the long road.

    Warren pinpointed our issues and changed protocols to fix issues.

    Have you met/ been treated by Charlotte?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    We had a very different experience to this. Warren encouraged us to continue with our own eggs/sperm but suggested we consider donor sperm or that we may need 10+ cycles to get the magic embryo. He didn't push us just explained that using our own average sperm would be the long road.

    Warren pinpointed our issues and changed protocols to fix issues.

    Have you met/ been treated by Charlotte?
    That's great you were successful and you didn't have the same experience, however can I ask how old you are? I find that Wazza doesn't really know what to do with the older women. He was the first fertility specialist we saw and as soon as we got in there he started going on about my eggs being so old, even though I was only 36 at the time, which I didn't think was that old.

    I haven't seen Charlotte, but from other women I spoke to, she is very similar to him on the basis that she seeks his advice.

    I think it's great he can help other women, but in my experience he's not the best for women in their mid to late 30s, and he gave up on us repeatedly and hassled us to go to a low cost clinic, which worked for us.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,118
    Thanks
    1,804
    Thanked
    1,851
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnyj23 View Post
    That's great you were successful and you didn't have the same experience, however can I ask how old you are? I find that Wazza doesn't really know what to do with the older women. He was the first fertility specialist we saw and as soon as we got in there he started going on about my eggs being so old, even though I was only 36 at the time, which I didn't think was that old.

    I haven't seen Charlotte, but from other women I spoke to, she is very similar to him on the basis that she seeks his advice.

    I think it's great he can help other women, but in my experience he's not the best for women in their mid to late 30s, and he gave up on us repeatedly and hassled us to go to a low cost clinic, which worked for us.
    If you've not seen a certain doctor I don't think you should be commenting on their ability. Therefore I suggest that you keep your opinion of Charlotte to yourself and allow those who have seen her share their experiences.

    Warren also suggested we try a low cost clinic, he often does this to save his patients money.

    I think unfortunately we will have to agree to disagree. It sounds like you didn't gel with Warren, that doesn't mean he is a bad doctor.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

    babybeeno1  (01-04-2017),Lanabananah  (01-04-2017)

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,002
    Thanks
    2,546
    Thanked
    1,791
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ronnyj23, i have to say that yours is one of the few bad reviews I've heard of Warren. Most of the women on here love him, and it's mostly the difficult cases he sees, including mostly older women, who he does seem to have a pretty good success rate with. I'm sorry the 10 cycles with him didn't work for you, but glad that you eventually had success.

    OP just so you know, his current wait list is about 9 months, but he does have earlier cancellations, so if you're keen to see him, get on the list now.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0

    Default Another fail... a new Doctor?

    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    If you've not seen a certain doctor I don't think you should be commenting on their ability. Therefore I suggest that you keep your opinion of Charlotte to yourself and allow those who have seen her share their experiences.

    Warren also suggested we try a low cost clinic, he often does this to save his patients money.

    I think unfortunately we will have to agree to disagree. It sounds like you didn't gel with Warren, that doesn't mean he is a bad doctor.
    You asked a question and I answered it. I saw Warren and provided my experience, as I am entitled to do. I'm not interested in having an argument with you and I don't appreciate your passive aggressive response. He could have saved my money by not frying my eggs on high dose stims each and every time.
    Last edited by ronnyj23; 01-04-2017 at 13:53.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronnyj23 For This Useful Post:

    AceOfBase  (02-04-2017),MysticFalls  (02-04-2017)

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    @ronnyj23, i have to say that yours is one of the few bad reviews I've heard of Warren. Most of the women on here love him, and it's mostly the difficult cases he sees, including mostly older women, who he does seem to have a pretty good success rate with. I'm sorry the 10 cycles with him didn't work for you, but glad that you eventually had success.

    OP just so you know, his current wait list is about 9 months, but he does have earlier cancellations, so if you're keen to see him, get on the list now.
    Thanks @JustJaq :-)


 

Similar Threads

  1. New doctors and treating eczema GRRRR!!!
    By punkbaby in forum Dry Skin and Eczema
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 20:15
  2. Another Failed IVF
    By AnnieC in forum IVF
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 08:52
  3. Looking for a new Doctor
    By JackyZebsten in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-07-2009, 14:47
  4. Swearing - yes, another failed parent alert
    By Jender in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 16:23
  5. Another Perth Mum - New To Bub Hub
    By Ashy'smum in forum Perth
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-12-2005, 01:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Prams and StrollersLooking to buy a pram or stroller? :: Viewer reviews of prams :: Pram Buyers ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›