+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default feeling annoyed/angry towards others

so i've started noticing i seem to be feeling quite negatively towards others. like just small things people say and do seem to really annoy me. it's mainly others i know but am not that close to, mother's group mums for instance (my bubhub dig is excluded if anyone is reading this!!).

i've taken a step back from interacting so much with people online (we all chat over whatsapp mainly) to see if it makes any difference.

i am getting sick of feeling negative and unhappy all the time. unsure if it's pnd/pna. i've never been diagnosed but maybe that's what's causing this? ds is 13 months old.

surely it's not normal to feel short with others and angry/annoyed all the time.

hope this doesn't sound too disjointed, i'm just about to go do something so posting quickly.

thanks! keen to hear people's thoughts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find that when I am feeling like this it's due to anxiety, being overwhelmed/stressed, or tired. It's a sign that I need to do some more self care tasks and try to reduce stress.

It sounds like you aren't happy feeling this way, so it's definitely worth trying to do something about it. Perhaps you could think about increasing self care/relaxation (e.g. exercise, mindfulness, time out from others, or whatever else makes you happy!) might be enough, or taking it the next step and having a chat to your GP to see if they think it's worth a referral to a psych. I guess it depends on how severe it is and how much you feel it's impacting on your day-to-day life.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (31-03-2017),Wise Enough  (31-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with @sajimum. I'm usually tired, rundown, anxious or stressed when I feel this way.

When did you last have a break/holiday/rest?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (31-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks ladies. i know i'm definitely someone who gets frayed when i'm over taxed and i struggle to be a good human when i'm tired. ds is mostly sleeping through though, so i hardly feel like i have broken sleep as an excuse. i work 3 days a week and my work is very cruisy so i can't blame work as a stressor either.

i'm just beginning to feel like i can't remember who i was before ds was born. like i've not really properly adjusted to being "me" since the birth. but then i just think maybe this is me and this is the new normal.

it's so hard to know what feels normal and whats not. i am fed up with feeling this way though, so maybe that should be my cue to take things a step further.

i'm also a little annoyed at myself, esp if this is pnd/pna, for not recognizing this sooner.

dh and i have had a roughish last 12 months, he was in a job where the boss was an absolute a-hole and he was stressed all the time. i fed off this stress and it affected me too. then i'm july last year, when ds was 4 months old, they fired him. i was on mat leave so it was stressful. he's since found work and is happy, plus i'm back at work, so it's all good. but i do feel like that marred the early days a bit and maybe added stress/anxiety i didn't need during an already difficult time of adjustment. plus we have very little family near by so we rarely get a break.

we've been out twice since ds was born on our own here. and we went out like once or twice when we were interstate on our own with friends. so yeah, very little down time.

dh has also been taking on additional freelance work so he's been spending a lot of time working from home, so i'm having to watch ds myself. ds has also just turned 13 months and has turned into some kind of devil child. he's always angry, grizzling, screaming or seems bored. he's a real handful at the moment and i find i'm struggling with that too. i keep feeling he hates us (or me mainly) and is expressing it. it gets me down so i find i'm getting into bad mindsets and then struggle to deal with him.

i'm just feeling very tired and very over it currently. so yes, maybe my patience and tolerance of others has slipped a bit.

i'm not really sure how to get more me time though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't rule out PND but I seriously think you need some you time. Not work. Not family. You. Whatever you enjoy. Guilt free at least once a week.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I wouldn't rule out PND but I seriously think you need some you time. Not work. Not family. You. Whatever you enjoy. Guilt free at least once a week.
    In addition to that what do you enjoy doing? I think you need to tell your DH that you want x hours on x day for yourself and he can look after your DS.

Give yourself some time to enjoy it again (or find something new).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post: