+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    tbh i'm surprised anyone actually even still bothers worrying about jobs like vacuuming etc in those early few weeks. it's the type of stuff a dh/dp should automatically take over. or just hire a cleaner.
    Or should been doing in the first place with no need for a take over

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (01-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    tbh i'm surprised anyone actually even still bothers worrying about jobs like vacuuming etc in those early few weeks. it's the type of stuff a dh/dp should automatically take over. or just hire a cleaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Or should been doing in the first place with no need for a take over

My DH does all of those things and more - when he's here. But during the week he works from 7am to 7pm so he can't do anything to help me during those hours. And I'm pretty houseproud so it wouldn't sit well with me not to vaccuum and mop the house during the week. I do it every day now, and whilst I understand when bubba comes that will have to be cut back a bit, I'd certainly want it done at least a couple of times a week for my own sanity! We live rurally so a lot of services (cleaners etc) are not available to me. If someone had this business idea in our town I'd be very grateful to have it an an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I personally wouldn't use it, but that's about my own perfectionist tendancies that I shouldn't need help or that means I'm not coping.

Why not target the business at a bigger group? Not just new mums (many of whom may feel the same as I do), what about oldies, those with disabilities? I live in the country and there is no supermarket delivery so people without a car hire a taxi. I would break things into services per hour. Doing shopping, posting letters, paying bills. Cleaning per hour. That way people can choose things they feel comfortable with. You could call yourself Helping Hands which has a more generic target market?

Good luck. Like you, I wanted to top up the family income with a business. I took the plunge and it's doing rather well. You have no cost at putting yourself out there. Do up some nice adds, get a name and a free ABN, and put them on social media and around town. If it doesn't take off you've spent nothing more than the paper and ink

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's a good idea, I probably wouldn't use it as both times I've had babies I've been flat broke, perhaps you could offer gift vouchers for baby shower presents etc, I would have loved to receive a gift like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely a great idea - to me it sounds like a cleaner (I'd charge hourly rate) but list your services and your customers can choose what they need doing when you arrive.

I assume most people are going to be a bit tight financially after bub so I imagine it being a weekly service??

The other thing that comes to mind is that the services you offered are what a lot of friends/family help out with after a new bub...toilets and general cleaning is what a lot of people would struggle with after having a baby.

Keep workshopping your idea. Through social media and word of mouth you could turn this into something

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have used it. I have a cleaner that comes fort nightly but no family support and only work friends where we live. DH was great but we were both exhausted...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd market to people as a gift to a pregnant friend. I'd love it as a gift

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would use it if we had the money but we definitely won't once the baby comes! In saying that, if things go pear-shaped and I end up having to recover from a C-section, we might reconsider It definitely sounds like a good idea to run with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I used to do this for people- housekeeping

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would def use a service like this! And I know my friends would too...