+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st Pregnancy - Septate Uterus

Hi mums and mums to be!

Looking for some positive reinforcement. As a teenager was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus, but after talking to my doctor later down the track about family planning and having another ultrasound, they decided it was a septate uterus. I went to a gyno who basically said it might be nothing to worry about and there was no way of telling how severe it is without invasive elective surgery, and they would only do the surgery if I had 3 first trimester miscarriages or one 2nd or 3rd trimester miscarriage.

Fast forward 12 months and I'm pregnant for the first time! The local GP first of all questioned if I was even pregnant because the test result didn't show straight away (I had done 3 positive home pregnancy tests), and then said she wouldn't do a scan until my HCG levels were at a certain point. Have explained about my septate uterus to her and she didn't know much about it.

Have finally managed to book a scan for this Friday, and have also found a different local obstetrician to go to (a few things have happened with local GP that made me nervous), but I can't get an appointment until the following Friday. Needless to say I'm extremely anxious, and have been doing a lot of googling because I can't seem to speak to a doctor who knows a lot about the septate uterus.

Everything I've read about pregnancy success seems to indicate success after several miscarriages. Is there anyone out there who has the same issue and hasn't miscarried? Just looking for some positive information, because everything I've read is putting me on edge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had a very similar situation, had my uterus labeled all sorts of things so I stick between a subseptate or a unicornate uterus. As far as miscarriages go, I have had a lot, but I have also had 4 beautiful girls too. My miscarriages started after my first daughter was born.
    One thing I would say is don't listen to everything you hear and read, some people go a lifetime without knowing they have a "different" uterus! My gyno told me if I could get pregnant, I would have highly premmie babies and c/sections. DD1 was born at 42 weeks naturally!